Frustration with the Diaz brothers

They're wack and will be broke in a year or two.

Their bum lives have already been changed

No need to fight anymore

I don't think they are wasting anything.
Nick doesn't like fighting so he only fights when he gets paid a lot.
per ariel: Nick diaz -- 'I never loved fighting. I never wanted to fight'

and,

"Or is it simply that too much weed and too many punches taken over the years have permanently damaged their decision-making capability ?"

You've got that shit backwards. If their decision making capabilities were damaged they would'nt risk life altering injury fighting for whatever they can get as you suggest. Let them enjoy what health they have. And as for the weed comment, weed doesn't alter your choices... if anything it makes it easier to do what you already were going to do because you don't stress out about stuff as much.

Last edited:
Nate made around $13 million after 202 was all said and done. He's set for life even if he never fights again.

They seem happy and content with what they're doing now. I say let 'em come back when they feel like it. It's 'Merica, right? Land of the free or some shit?

Don't be selfish, homies.

nick-diaz-dr-evil-ufc-183.jpg

Nate is waiting for that third fight with Conor. It's the biggest payday he can get and it's probably the one fight Conor wants most outside of fighting Floyd. Nate has earned a few million from his last two fights and is probably set for life as long as he doesn't spend it stupidly. I doubt he cares much about winning any title at this point and just wants to get paid. Another fight with Conor guarantees him at least a few more million.

Nick seems to be OK with what he has. Probably is playing the waiting game thinking that he can get a big payday.

the only people who put value on the belt are retard fans lol

The object of Combat Sports, be it Boxing or MMA, is to secure your financial future.

All the talk of legacy is great and all, but being in the Hall of Fame doesn't pay your medical bills if and when you end up like poor Gerald McClelan.

My principal point has been the doubt as to whether or not the Diaz brothers have truly secured their financial future. I certainly hope so, because after the years of entertainment they've given to fans, they deserve to "ride off into the sunset".

I just wish we could watch them fight more...

The reason why getting paid is so paramount is simply because of the horrific toll that the years of training and physical trauma take on your body.

There is very little glory worth all that abuse, which is why you should be trying to maximize the revenue at every opportunity you get.

Perhaps I've answered my own question...as a Diaz Brothers fan, I should want them to minimize any more damage they take while maximizing their payouts.

Maybe I just want them to be in fights where they continue to pull in a cool 1-2 million in total cash in exchange for taking not a whole lot of damage.

The reason why getting paid is so paramount is simply because of the horrific toll that the years of training and physical trauma take on your body.

There is very little glory worth all that abuse, which is why you should be trying to maximize the revenue at every opportunity you get.

that's your opinion mate

don't make the mistake in thinking everyone sees the world from your eyes

that's your opinion mate

don't make the mistake in thinking everyone sees the world from your eyes

Look bitch, if you have a different opinion, that's cute. Stop wasting peoples' time by stating the obvious.

We're here to exchange thoughts and opinions. That's the point of having a forum in the first place.

Now go do something productive, like playing in rush hour traffic.

The object of Combat Sports, be it Boxing or MMA, is to secure your financial future.

All the talk of legacy is great and all, but being in the Hall of Fame doesn't pay your medical bills if and when you end up like poor Gerald McClelan.

My principal point has been the doubt as to whether or not the Diaz brothers have truly secured their financial future. I certainly hope so, because after the years of entertainment they've given to fans, they deserve to "ride off into the sunset".

I just wish we could watch them fight more...

Look bitch, if you have a different opinion, that's cute. Stop wasting peoples' time by stating the obvious.

We're here to exchange thoughts and opinions. That's the point of having a forum in the first place.

Now go do something productive, like playing in rush hour traffic.

what are you talking about you nut job?

You seem to think every fighter is in it for the money

That's not true so stop projecting your own beliefs onto every person on this planet k?

There is more to life than money and if you think legacy doesn't matter to a lot of people you are fucking crazy

They are fucking divas.

Turnin down fights with hitters but they'll likely just be the next Cheech & Chong and just hang out at weed conventions and be mini celebrities that get free shit and easy pay days for just hanging out with nerds.

They'll be okay, don't you know that they do signings at smoke shops. $$$.

nick has stated many times he does not like fighting. he and nate have a lot of mileage on them. at this point they probably want a couple of big paydays and then retirement.

nothing wrong with that, they have paid their dues

They certainly have NOT paid their dues for the fights and money they think they deserve

I suspect when WME starts hemorrhaging money, they'll cough up more bucks to give the Diaz brothers whatever money fight they want. I think they're just both holding out until it's desperation time and the UFC needs PPV headliners and got bills to pay. I don't think the UFC is dying or anything, but I will have to wait and see how WME's current strategy plays out, which I think is what the Diaz bros are doing.

Back