Frustration with the Diaz brothers

Adam Jensen

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Been a huge fan of the Diaz brothers for many years now.

Their styles, backgrounds, personalities and of course the toughness and conditioning have been major factors in my undying support for these guys.

While Nate has been more active as of late, both brothers seem just content to sit there and wait for these mythical "big fights" to materialize out of thin air.

Now, you obviously can't force someone to fight in the Octagon. It is what it is if they don't want this anymore, but as a fan it's been incredibly frustrating to watch them waste their prime years with so much inactivity.

I love watching these guys get in there and throw down, like literally millions of MMA fans all of the world. If the big fights aren't there, then you take what you can get and settle for the most significant fights that are out there.

I don't know about their lifestyles but I don't believe that they've secured enough riches to last them a lifetime. Aren't they better off fighting in their primes and getting the most out of their talent and marketability rather than having to come back years later like washed-up Boxers often have to ?

There's a time when all fighters should be hanging them up, but not in your prime...these are the most precious years of a fighter's career and all I have is this sense of impending regret at the "what if" questions we'll inevitably have years down the line.

Or is it simply that too much weed and too many punches taken over the years have permanently damaged their decision-making capability ?

It's their life and career, but they sure are wasting a lot of time.

nick has stated many times he does not like fighting. he and nate have a lot of mileage on them. at this point they probably want a couple of big paydays and then retirement.

nothing wrong with that, they have paid their dues.

They probably dont want to risk getting brain damage anymore, and i mean that with all respect. Both the diaz brothers are known for being able to absorb a lot of punishment and thats just not a good thing.

Its the quality of your health that you gotta think about.

Nick fighting gsp and silva, nate fighting mcgregor twice...they both have a lot money allegedly, most than the rest of the guys in the ufc probably, which is why all these others guys try to fight 3-4 times a year.

there both out of there prime
they failed to evolve
both are financially set nate made 2.5M on just both conor fights and that doesnt include any back stage ppv pay thats alot of money from someone that came from the hood. they dont blow there money on fur coats, watches or expensive clothes

and to be honest i dont believe they like to fight i know nick has stated this a few times and nate just does what nick tells him too

It's just whatever TS

They would probably tell you to not be a bitch and beat his ass

They know what they're worth.... and it's a shit-ton.

roy-batty-gif.gif

I don't blame them they're not that good but their popularity can make them money.

If fans cared as much about their own "prime years" versus that of a cage fighter, they probably wouldn't even give a shit what the fighter chooses to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never have high expectations for a stoner, they will always leave you disappointed!

Never have high expectations for a stoner, they will always leave you disappointed!
Those fucking guys taking a lot of punishment as well as made a couple million each...not bad from a kid coming out of Stockton aristocracy

Back