Front snap kick >>>> front pushing kick.

Human Bass

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
A truth that few seem to grasp due to the belief that Muay Thai is always right, where the pushing version is more commonly used.

It depends. They both have their use. Different techniques for different things.

Whichever one Conor does is the best. Kiss of death

This is like saying a backhand is worst than a jab. Different strikes for different purposes.

A truth that few seem to grasp due to the belief that Muay Thai is always right, where the pushing version is more commonly used.

I was discussing this some in another thread, and observing that people don't even seem to know the difference between a front snap kick and a teep (push) kick. They are mechanically quite different and I think the front snap kick or front kick is much better suited to MMA- it's harder to catch, can be thrown from a more MMA-friendly stance (a hard teep needs that square stance unless you're throwing it more like a side kick), and it's a bit easier to learn imo. A very versatile technique.

Depends what your goal is. There is a preferred technique; not a better one.

Even I know the difference and why they're used and I'm a proud casual, who's mostly a boxing fan.

Jones and McGregor are the best around using teeps to control distance and distract. They use them like jabs.

Conors Kiss of Death-variant is the best.

Conor doesn't use teeps he uses the snap-kick
He uses both. He snap kicks to the body and uses teeps like jabs.

You might want to watch the Holloway fight again. He throws something like 28 kicks in the first round. Several varieties.

Wouldn't the front snap kick be more risky to throw than the push kick? Front snap kick I'd imagine would have to be more accurate and more likely to be caught? I don't know for fact I'm just kind of assuming.

Wouldn't the front snap kick be more risky to throw than the push kick? Front snap kick I'd imagine would have to be more accurate and more likely to be caught? I don't know for fact I'm just kind of assuming.
No. Snap is faster and offer "less" leg than the pushing one

Silly thing to say. They're both tools that have their place in the right moments and situations. Watch I can do it too. Jab > everything. See?

Back