Front row concert "seats" is it worth the experience? gtfih concert brahs!

ShinkanPo

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I am planning on watching a concert this September, and I am thinking of bringing in a couple of relatives and friends buy them tickets, I am thinking of getting VIP front row, but I think I can invite more friends if I get the cheaper once which would be the Balcony.

So who among you got to watch your favorite band front row? Also to note its just front row there are no seats heavy metal concerts don't have seats so you get to head bang and slam!

I am not sure I can stand there for 2 or 3 hours though. I am fat as fuck! my knees would hurt standing that long lol.

I wouldn't know, as I have never been in the front row. But if it's hard rock, or metal, it may be too close for the sound to be good.

I wouldn't know, as I have never been in the front row. But if it's hard rock, or metal, it may be too close for the sound to be good.

I haven't thought of that, but I would assume a band like Dream Theater have enough sound tech to fix that up, this will be my first time watching a band of that caliber we don't get a lot of good concerts here in my country.

There is just a big price difference I mean big, but If it means I can see the band more clearly well I may just not invite other people.

Was going to say the only place at a netal show is in the pit or outside of it with your arms firmly crossed.

Then I read Dream Theater.

I prefer festivals. You can work your way to the front and get to see a lot of bands.

When I was in high school I was voted most-likely to become a concert brah

Was going to say the only place at a netal show is in the pit or outside of it with your arms firmly crossed.

Then I read Dream Theater.

Yeah DT don't have pits they usually play indoors too.

A show like dream theater will have the sound in order. There will be front fills which are smaller speakers aimed right at the people in the front. It probably won't sound as good as the middle of the room but it should be doable.

Metal, rock n roll, or whatever loud music, you will go deaf. Hot girls, you can see their upskirt. So it depends on whose concert you're going to.

Sometimes you also get to touch them too. Check out Beyonce's concert. She goes up to the front row to shake and hug all the time. So for her concert it's worth it.

GA or bust. Though once in a while my old man side kicks in and I like to just sit and enjoy.

Dream Theater will be great no matter where you are. I'd go balcony so you can see better (I like seeing the orchestra as well), but that's just me. Have fun!

This guy I was in the pit and like 4 rows back from the stage for his whole set last summer at a festival:

Was literally against the fence that separated the crowd from the stage for these guys and went home with tinnitus in one ear for about a week:

Was front and center for this guy's set at the same festival that Church played at:

This guy too:

And for better or worse I was like 3 rows back for this guy when he was in Tacoma:

Going to be right up front for Cadillac Three again in a week as well as these guys:

Standing in the pit for any of these for me means even my fat ass has girls asking to be up on my shoulders and being 6'4" means outside of the truly tall fuckers it's like they get access to a deer treestand to watch the concert.

The festival I go to is at the Columbia River Gorge Amphitheater so the sound is pretty on point no matter where you are:
1200px-Gorge_Amphitheatre.jpg

I haven't thought of that, but I would assume a band like Dream Theater have enough sound tech to fix that up, this will be my first time watching a band of that caliber we don't get a lot of good concerts here in my country.

There is just a big price difference I mean big, but If it means I can see the band more clearly well I may just not invite other people.
Oh, it's Dream Theater? It won't be a problem. I'm sure they know exactly how to engineer their live sound for optimal clarity and quality when you're anywhere within a mile of them playing.

I prefer festivals. You can work your way to the front and get to see a lot of bands.
Not me, Im the opposite. It seems that all the bands besides the headliners play abbreviated sets except for the main act. I'd rather go to a club and see punk/ska bands like the old days.

I went to a heavy metal concert that had seats. I got seats that were really close to the stage--the pit was really small also--and I had to stand the whole time except for the opening act.

I like to get as close as possible to watch them playing. Gotta wear ear plugs for sure, though.

Yeah but just be ready to be covered in some others dudes sweat.

Back