From their UFC debut, to their prime, who is/was the most improved fighter?

Max Holloway. The guy went from being smacked around and submitted by Dustin Poirier to FW champion.

Has to be TJ and Holloway. Night and day different fighters from when they started

You could even put Lesnar on that list. He lost his first fight against Murr, then came back to become champion and whoop Murr's ass. Lesnar used the horseshoe stuck up his ass and beat him over the head with it. It was a great moment! We even saw him beat up an old age pensioner.

Robbie Lawler. Ho-hum in the UFC. Went to Strikeforce and dicked around the mid card to co-main level. Came back to the UFC to be an absolute killer.

Mark Hunt. Went from someone that Dana White was trying to pay to go away to being a title contender.

Apart from RDA, TJ, Max and Rose, Werdum. Cordeiro really improved his striking and his 2012-2015 streak was spectacular. The beatdown he put on Travis was a striking clinic. I have a feeling he was on peds tho, he hasn't looked as good in his last few fights.

Honorable mention to Chad Mendes, the difference between the chad that fought jose in 2012 and the one in the rematch is like night and day. Duane Ludwig helped TAM a lot and, as much as i like urijah, he does seem to like to be the main man so i get why they didn't have a good relationship.

AJ at 170 he was just your average collegiate wreslter got cut and become the MMA George Foreman.

I take it you're referring to his power, but other than that I'm not sure how AJ's career is any way comparable to that of George Foreman?

Jon Jones went from being a raw talent who earned a decision over Andre Gusmao to finishing Vera, Matyushenko, Bader, Shogun, Rampage, and Lyoto in succession. PEDs aside, it was tremendous improvement.

I agree. It may seem too obvious a choice, but in real terms JJ's improvement from fight to fight was utterly astounding. And this was just as true after he became champ as before.

Honorable mention to Chad Mendes, the difference between the chad that fought jose in 2012 and the one in the rematch is like night and day. Duane Ludwig helped TAM a lot and, as much as i like urijah, he does seem to like to be the main man so i get why they didn't have a good relationship.
He looked excellent in that fight, and it was that fight that really helped get me interested into MMA. Pretty dissapointed that he got clipped so early against Edgar and then got suspended for 2 years.

Last edited:
He looked excellent in that fight, and it was that fight that helped really get me interested into MMA. Pretty dissapointed that he got clipped so early against Edgar and then got suspended for 2 years.
i know bro

<mma1>

I always thought Chris Leben improved significantly from his substantial steroid use.

Gotta go with Stipe Miocic.

He went from winning against nobodies, losing to Struve, won a few more against nobodies, losing a UD to JDS, to consistently knocking out the best HWs in the division in the 1st round.

GSP.
Came back into post USADA and again change his game to double finish (TKO and sub) the champ in a higher weight class after years of and other basement dwellers predicting his failure.[/USER]

I know you want attention, but why do you say this cringeworthy stuff?

vs Rich Clementi*
125j39u.gif

vs Andrei Arlovski
aa_vs_rumble.gif

Lose to a LW
Win vs HW ex UFC Champ
Same fighter :D

*RC got also only 2 weeks notice and was way lighter

Back