from aerobic to glycolitic

MightyMX

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I've been doing LISS jogging (almost always +50 minutes) for about a month, how do I know if I should start doing glycolitic training now? (I was thinking of 400 medium paced intervals and supersets/circuits in the gym)

You're likely complicating things. But a few days a week of roadwork, some strength training, lots and lots of MMAing, and you should be good.

A lot of the drills and workouts in MMA are anaerobic by nature. Have you felt any improvement from the LISS workouts? What's your MMA and S&C schedule like during the week?

Glycolytic work should be as sport specific as possible.

If you can't do your glycolytic work via MMA-related drills/training, crossfit-type work (which combines various upper/lower/full body motor patterns) would probably be preferable to something like 400m intervals.

I've been doing LISS jogging (almost always +50 minutes) for about a month, how do I know if I should start doing glycolitic training now? (I was thinking of 400 medium paced intervals and supersets/circuits in the gym)

What these guys said.

You're likely complicating things. But a few days a week of roadwork, some strength training, lots and lots of MMAing, and you should be good.
Glycolytic work should be as sport specific as possible.

If you can't do your glycolytic work via MMA-related drills/training, crossfit-type work (which combines various upper/lower/full body motor patterns) would probably be preferable to something like 400m intervals.

Personally after a block(s) (6-12 ) weeks of pure liss I usually notice my RHR in the low 50s or below and my heart rate decreasing quick during activity and having too put in much more effort that I original had to get my heart rate up. Then and there I usually make the transition for more higher intensity stuff and keep the light days as means of active recovery.

So, I should keep doing LISS? My RHR is nowhere near 50. And for glycolytic work, kickboxing drills? I don't do MMA currently.

So, I should keep doing LISS? My RHR is nowhere near 50. And for glycolytic work, kickboxing drills? I don't do MMA currently.

Just keep it basic and simple

2-3x LISS
1-2x lifting

The rest, all specific work.

Back