From a purely objective view, would US be worse for rejecting immigrants from poor countries?

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is there any DOWNSIDE from rejecting people from countries that are really poor? Do we really want people who pay in goat milk? What would be the positive of bringing in Syrians refugees rather than say Canadians or German or Moroccans.

Yes that would be bad. It depends on the numbers of course.
But if the number would be 0 that would be very very bad.

How many? Do we have to keep all of them and their families and their families families or?

Do we have to take the immigrants from regions with deep historical and or religious, cultural ECT. resentment of the US of A, or can we take the working immigrants from countries that are an easier fit in the melting bowl?

Will they all end up undocumented and eventually documented or have to go through the rigorous immigration controls like talented and educated immigrants?

If any country needs an excess of fruit and vege pickers it's America.

We have a whole country to the south for that. No need for people 1/2 way across the globe(my apologies to flat earthers) for that

Selection should not be based on whether the immigrant's country is poor but based on the immigrant's own qualifications. I would rather admit a top software engineer from Bangladesh than a slacker from Sweden.

So 0 super poor people is bad? Can you please explain

There would be no one left to do undesired jobs. I mean what is US unemployment rate 4%? That's approaching full employment as it is.
Now all the people retiring or going back to their poor country if you don't get new ones the economy would collapse.

Also, you get a lot of qualified individuals out of poor countries. Like Dr. from India or Pakistan. Or engineers from South East Asia etc.

I What would be the positive of bringing in Syrians refugees rather than say Canadians or German or Moroccans.

We can feel slightly better about our racist, sexist, and classist exploitation of the world by destroying that world and replacing it with the even more racist, sexist, and classist beliefs of the developing world.

We have a whole country to the south for that. No need for people 1/2 way across the globe(my apologies to flat earthers) for that

I'm not sure what you're saying? Just import fruit and veg from mexico?

There would be no one left to do undesired jobs. I mean what is US unemployment rate 4%? That's approaching full employment as it is.
Now all the people retiring or going back to their poor country if you don't get new ones the economy would collapse.

Also, you get a lot of qualified individuals out of poor countries. Like Dr. from India or Pakistan. Or engineers from South East Asia etc.

From my own experience there are PLENTY of Americans with enough qualifications who could fill positions that H-1B visa people from India/etc currently fill. I just had a dude help me rack equipment and it turns out he had a CCNA. He has to do this kind of contract labor job because real CCNA qualified jobs are undercut by people with Visas who want technical jobs for almost fast food wages.

From my own experience there are PLENTY of Americans with enough qualifications who could fill positions that H-1B visa people from India/etc currently fill. I just had a dude help me rack equipment and it turns out he had a CCNA. He has to do this kind of contract labor job because real CCNA qualified jobs are undercut by people with Visas who want technical jobs for almost fast food wages.

Ok but one guy helping you rack up equipment is not exactly a scientific study.
Let's assume that guy works in tech now. Who is going to take his job helping you?

You also have to consider all the US baby boomers retiring now.
They will be a need for more Dr. for example. Which the US already has a shortage on.
Especially in rural areas. You can either limit the qualification to train more Dr. or take qualified ones from overseas.
But if a nurse now becomes a Dr. Who is taking the job as a nurse?

Ok but one guy helping you rack up equipment is not exactly a scientific study.
Let's assume that guy works in tech now. Who is going to take his job helping you?

You also have to consider all the US baby boomers retiring now.
They will be a need for more Dr. for example. Which the US already has a shortage on.
Especially in rural areas. You can either limit the qualification to train more Dr. or take qualified ones from overseas.
But if a nurse now becomes a Dr. Who is taking the job as a nurse?

Well he is helping me because the college student who normally helps us can't.
You have started talking about PHd people and I started this thread about letting in poor immigrants.

Well he is helping me because the college student who normally helps us can't.
You have started talking about PHd people and I started this thread about letting in poor immigrants.

Well, the OP says poor countries.

rich people from poor countries stay in their country because they get whatever they want.

Have you ever been outside your country?
Sure why move to Canada or California when you can just live in a wealthy suburb of downtown Lagos. Or New Dheli those offer you the highest standard of living.

You ever been to Morocco? I have, and there was literally a fucking tent city with several goats next to my friend's place, and he told me to put shit in my 5th pocket so they didn't know I had any money in town in casablanca.

It depends on who it is, but it's not generally people who are kicking ass who even want to move anyway. Even if it was, it's just taking away a decent business person from their home country. We can't possibly accommodate even 1% of the entire world's poor, so immigration is just removing the best people from poor places.

So 0 super poor people is bad? Can you please explain

statistically speaking, some of those poor people would have gone on to do great things with the opportunities our country affords its citizens. some geniuses were born poor.

I think we should allow basically all immigrants who want to come here and work

no, of course not
if you don't bring in skills and especially an education, why are you coming

do the gated wealthy communities let anyone live there, regardless of income? of course not. This is that on the national level, the national property value so to speak

Back