Friends with a married couple... the husband cheated.. should I snitch?

Tell her. You're sparing them multiple years of bad marriage before the shit finally turns to the surface and she finds out the truth.

They are both my friends. They've been married for awhile. The thing is, this girl is a good friend of mine and we've been friends for damn near 20 years and they also have kids together. I'm on a business trip abroad and this guy came a day later. We were out and about and he was hitting on the girls here. He ended up taking one of them to his hotel and believe me, I tried my best to stop him, short of knocking his ass out.

I'm friends with him, but I'm much closer to his wife. He put me in a tough spot here since we hang out regularly. I won't be able to look at him the same way and the wife would be able to tell. I won't tell the wife, but damn this guy is a piece of shit. I'm genuinely pissed because I care about her.
Did you tell him you were going to tell his wife and stomp off?

If he continued to say fuck it and bring the girl into his room, then obviously he does not give a shit if you tell her

Aren't you Filipino, TS? If not, you should be, as you always seem to be in everyone else's business. It might be time to let it go and assimilate to the US way of life...live and let live.

And, of course, don't tell your friend.

No.

You don't know the situation, you could speak to him, tell him you feel uncomfortable about it.

Dont step on a land mine.

Aren't you Filipino, TS? If not, you should be, as you always seem to be in everyone else's business. It might be time to let it go and assimilate to the US way of life...live and let live.

And, of course, don't tell your friend.

what kind thinking that. friends have right know truth

Some people have a don't ask don't tell relationship where they don't mind if their spouse fools around, as long as it doesn't become public knowledge and make them look like a fool. It would be different if it's ongoing with the same woman but if it's one time, out of the country with someone he'll never see again, why do that to his wife. The experts say to never admit to a spouse that you cheated. Give her the opportunity to believe that he didn't. He needs to live with the guilt not put the decision of whether or not to stay together on his wife.

If you think hes a good dude who made a drunken mistake and they otherwise have a happy marriage, then STFU and forget it. If that is not the case then tell him to tell her what he did or you will.
We all make mistakes but if that is a part of his character then f him,she deserves to know. As you would had you own wife cheated on you and didnt regret it. If shes a good friend you want the best for her.
Forget all those dive bar machismo cliches or generic Tv show "wisdom"s of minding your own business. This is the real world.
If everyone only minded their own business and only cared for their own happiness we would probabily still be livin in caves.

What makes you think she doesnt know already? What makes you think she doesnt prefer to look the other way when that happens? Hell, what makes you think they dont have an open marriage and they are both ok with that? Marriages have private agreements that nobody else has any idea about and you or nobody else can say "no I know everything about their marriage" no bud you dont, so no I dont think you should say anything because its not your place to do so.

Now if in your almighty principles you feel you cant be a friend of this dude anymore well thats fine too, its your right, but just do a clean break and stop any contact with them, with BOTH OF THEM. Sorry you dont get to only stay friends with the wife and not with the husband, its both or none... thats why they are a "marriage" and you are "only a friend"... dont presume to try to be more important in her life than her husband... sorry you should have asked her to marry you then if you wanted that position in her life

Last edited:
Not only a bitch-ass beta orbiter, but a cockblocker too.

If you were an acquaintance of mine, let alone someone whom you tried to cockblock or hurt the marriage, I'd beat the shit out of you. I would seriously hurt you.
Lol, so TS is the cockblocker who hurts the marriage, and not the guy who cheats on his wife?

The wife is a friend of TS. Why should he let some asshole fuck her over like that?

What makes you think she doesnt know already? What makes you think she doesnt prefer to look the other way when that happens? Hell what makes you think they have an open marriage and they are both ok with that? Marriages have private agreements that nobody else has any idea about and you or nobody else can say "no I know everything about their marriage" no bud you dont, so no I dont think you should say anything because its not your place to do so.

Now if in your almighty principles you feel you cant be a friend of this dude anymore well thats fine too, its your right too but just do a clean break and stop any contact with them, with BOTH OF THEM. Sorry you dont get to only stay friends with the wife and not with the husband, its both or none... thats why they are a "marriage" and you are "only a friend"... dont presume to try to be more important in her life than her husband... sorry you should have asked her to marry you then if you wanted that position in her life
Exactly this.

Millenials live feminine office gossip. They fkn lose man. Office family politics is misery.. They think it's life. They think reality t.v. is reality.

You mind your own business.

Lol, so TS is the cockblocker who hurts the marriage, and not the guy who cheats on his wife?

The wife is a friend of TS. Why should he let some asshole fuck her over like that?

You guys are fkn useless. You sound like a white woman pushing a black baby in a stroller, do you know that?

NO!!! It is not your place to tell. Also you don't know the ins and outs of their relationship. Besides she may end up staying with him anyway. Unless she is like your best friend, and he is straight up disrespectful to her, as in verbally or physically abusive etc.otherwise mind your own business.

Last edited:
You guys are fkn useless. You sound like a white woman pushing a black baby in a stroller, do you know that?
Lol, how am I useless? Because I think cheating is wrong? Or because I think it would be okay to help a friend so she doesn't get fucked over by a cheating husband?

Care to explain, instead of only coming with some lame insults.

Back