friends from high school

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by catzilla, Mar 7, 2018.

1. I Am Legion

I Am Legion Black Belt

I have 4 close ones that I still see and get together with every few months. Talk every week. The group had about 8 so 50 percent isn’t bad. We have been friends since 1986. One since 1980.

2. 2008

2008 Green Belt

Yes, I'm still friends with 3 guys I was friends with in HS. That being said we're not super close anymore because we're getting older and have other adult responsibilities that takes up our time. I maybe get to see them every 4-6 months if we all make an effort to see each other.

But at this point, on a day to day basis I have no friends to hang wit really and I'm 34 and single.

3. Uber_Noober

Uber_Noober Red Belt

4. sniper

sniper Red Belt

Only my two best friends. I aint got no other friends

<DCrying>

5. Eazy123

Eazy123 Black Belt

Been friends with TeTe since 1st grade

6. method115

method115 Steel Belt

My best friend only. Everyone else fell off the map and became drug addicts pretty much. What's funny is some of them who I thought got away from drugs recently found out on FB that they were addicted to drugs. One girl lost her kids and I remember she had an addiction to coke with my friend. She eventually kicked it and came back to reality.

trolololol and catzilla like this.
  7. NHB7

NHB7 Steel Belt

There’s about three friends from HS that I see probably once a year each usually for a drink at the bar.

The older I get though, the more distance I feel with them. I’m kind of done reliving ol’ HS memories and hearing about their kids is boring. And I imagine my life stories not involving them is boring too. And we’re all married, so it’s not like we are trying to pick up women at the bar which use to be a thing we’d do in our 20s.

Yeah....once a year is enough.

8. 45ACP

45ACP I'll Be Back Belt

I'm still friends with most of my closer friends from HS. We still see each other pretty regularly for things like skateboarding/snowboarding, concerts, jam sessions, etc. Which is really pretty cool to me; we're all in our late 30s early 40s, with most of them having families at this point and we still have a great time when we get a chance to do something together.

Unfortunately my closest and longest-term friend from my childhood (we'd been friends since 3rd grade) died in a car accident last year. Has two kids and was basically the ring leader of our group of friends back in the day. Many of the best times of my life probably wouldn't have happened if it weren't for him. It sucks.

Jimmy Jazz and 5crew like this.
  9. Medulla Omoplata

Medulla Omoplata Brown Belt

@TeTe is a wonderful man.

I've only got one friend from HS I play golf with a few times a year, couple others I might see once in a while for life events. Everyone else I don't hang out with anymore. I moved away, some of them moved other places, everyones got kids and jobs and other interests. That's life I suppose.

Eazy123 likes this.
  10. TeTe

TeTe Troll Whisperer Staff Member Senior Moderator

Other than a passing comment from time to time on Facebook, not at all.

I graduated 20 years ago though but to be honest I might have hung out with a couple people for a couple years after and then lost contact with them.

11. Medulla Omoplata

Medulla Omoplata Brown Belt

[​IMG]

trolololol, catzilla and TeTe like this.
  12. Striderxdj

Striderxdj Brown Belt

Im 35 and im still close with my best friends from 6th grade onwards. I Moved across the country but if I still lived in AZ, we might be living together or living clos/hanging out every weekend.

13. Jack Reacheround

Jack Reacheround Never Go Black

I’m friends with one person I went to high school with. We weren’t friends in high school though. We became friends afterward through mutual acquaintances.

I stayed friends with all my high school buddies until about 10 years after high school. Then I cut them off. They were fucking retarded. They never grew up. I mean, I knew they were stupid when I first started hanging out with them in high school. But it wasn’t the type of school where you wanted to be walking the halls alone with no friends, or even walking home with nobody to back you up. So I was friends with them out of necessity. Then loyalty. Then I got smart about it.

14. Jim Cozad Jr.

Jim Cozad Jr. Brown Belt

I keep in touch with a few regularly, and am fb friends with most...my best friend from high school is still my best friend today...looking forward to my 20 year reunion that's coming up soon...

15. NoGoodNamesLeft

NoGoodNamesLeft Black Belt

3 of us had an appartment together after graduatiuon and through college, one moved out with gf, then me and the other one just got our own places. now we all live about 3 hours apart, but still get together every year around the 4th as a tradition, and see each other random times throughout the year. the rest of my hs class is either dead, in prison, or making shitty music.

16. flashNsmash

flashNsmash when it rains...

what about the monsters bud?

sniper likes this.
  17. sniper

sniper Red Belt

My Palico and my sherdog PM conversation buds are my only buds

flashNsmash likes this.
  18. Bestonian

Bestonian cba grammar

Sucks that you were so unlikeable in HS that people stopped talking to you since that. I still speak to my best friends from HS almost on a daily basis. 3 guys I know for more than 17 years and we've been through blood, sweat and tears. Much closer than any few-year-gf can be.

19. Roop Holstry

Roop Holstry Red Belt

I still talk to and see 5-6 friends from high school. We will still meet up 2-3 times a year.

2 of them I see about once a month or more.

We graduated about 10 years ago so I’m glad we still hang out here and there. A lot of them I have been friends with between 15-22 years.

They all live close to each other and I live 2 hours away so it’s a little more difficult for me to see them though.

20. catzilla

catzilla size 33 belt

not even co workers?