Friendly Trash Talk

Hotora86

war in the ring, never outside
Platinum Member
Reaction score
As a breather from all the verbal and physical aggression, controversy, bus attacks, brawls, cage jumping and other recent shenanigans I'd like to remind the public that "trash talk" and fight promotion can be creative, witty and entertaining without necessarily being offensive or inflammatory. I found these clips on YT and they are GOLD. Enjoy! :D

Part 1

Part 2

BONUS: hilarious staredowns

Any other examples that you'd like to share? :)

Last edited:
6--Xwh.gif

No thanks

I'd rather see this:

Last edited:
I know a lot of people bought into the fake beef on TUF, but I always felt like there was a humorous element to Rampage vs Rashad trash talking

Rampage's impression of Shadface is one of the top 3 funniest MMA-related things I've seen

McGregor used to be witty at times. I don't know why he's lost that. Now his trash talk is just, well, trashy.

This Sean O'Connell character is pound for pound weigh in champion!

You wanted beef? Dude brought a pizza! :D

This Sean O'Connell character is pound for pound weigh in champion!

You wanted beef? Dude brought a pizza! :D

I enjoyed his UFC tenure but since joining PFL I have really taken to him, he's a good color commentator, down and dirty fighter and seems like a real nice guy.

I'll be so happy if he gets the $1 Million

Plus he weigh ins are awesome!

6--Xwh.gif

No thanks

I'd rather see this:

that dancing is corny, but you gotta give it up for Rampage's humorous, non-trashy trash talk. and i second Sir Punchalot, Conor used to be wittier but not so much recently

It takes two to tango.
Rampage could always come up with hilarious shit without relapsing into insults. You can stay cool and drop the tension using humor. Making someone laugh can kill the hostility.

The least one can do is remain respectful and "kill with kindness". For example Lyoto Machida never talked shit about anyone no matter what was said to him. Most people toned down the shit talk towards him since he was always such a nice and respectful guy.

Rampage could always come up with hilarious shit without relapsing into insults. You can stay cool and drop the tension using humor. Making someone laugh can kill the hostility.

The least one can do is remain respectful and "kill with kindness". For example Lyoto Machida never talked shit about anyone no matter what was said to him. Most people toned down the shit talk towards him since he was always such a nice and respectful guy.

Rampage trash talk was very awkward once he met a guy who was offended and couldn't play the game. Perhaps you remember that titties fellow.

People are saying now that Chael is an example of smart and appropriate trash talk, but when he started every brazillian was foaming at his mouth about how Chael is gonna get murdered, how he can't set foot in Brazil or even in a gym with brazillians.

Bisping was followed in a hotel lobby by Masvidal and his "crew", insulting and provoking him to get physical etc.

Everyone of these guys had a hard time when they met a thin skin individual who didn't have the wits to answer words with words.

As for killing the trash talk, that's just not doing your part in selling the fight. I think it's pretty clear by now what kind of business UFC is and people have options. Fedor didn't want to be part of that, Moose and Rory say they make more money in Bellator etc.

MMA guys are such amateurs when it comes to promos and trash-talk...

....as they should be. Leave that garbage to Jerry Springer and WWE

Rampage is the GOAT of hilarious trash talk

"Do you like dragons?"

As a breather from all the verbal and physical aggression, controversy, bus attacks, brawls, cage jumping and other recent shenanigans I'd like to remind the public that "trash talk" and fight promotion can be creative, witty and entertaining without necessarily being offensive or inflammatory. I found these clips on YT and they are GOLD. Enjoy! :D

Welcome to Donald Trump's America

Back