Friday the 13th

I'm a huge F13 franchise. Part 3 and 4 are my favorites. I heard this was coming out and I've checked out updates and videos every month or so. I'm not overly excited for it.

I haven't really heard anything about this, that's weird for a game coming out tomorrow. I'm hoping it's available tonight at midnight so I can have it installed for tomorrow.

Has anybody that contributed to their Kick Starter received a code yet? I'm not sure when they actually charged me for it. I have gotten rid of the credit card that I used when I gave money to the kick starter campaign a couple of years ago.

I believe it's gonna be available tomorrow morning around 8am.

I just downloaded it. I would have never backed this on Kickstarter if I knew it was going to be an online only game. They did it with Star Wars and now they did it to Friday the 13th. Most people that are old enough to have actually watched these movies as kids in the 80's aren't online gamers. I doubt I'll ever even play this until they release a story mode.

Here is some PS4 gameplay. Look how shitty the graphics are. This is straight PS3 graphics.

And the game looks glitchy as fuck. Lots of pop ins.

I just downloaded it. I would have never backed this on Kickstarter if I knew it was going to be an online only game. They did it with Star Wars and now they did it to Friday the 13th. Most people that are old enough to have actually watched these movies as kids in the 80's aren't online gamers. I doubt I'll ever even play this until they release a story mode.

Story mode is identical to online mode, only the counselors are NPCs. So basically you play as Jason killing NPCs. They didn't have the money to build a Jason AI or to write a proper story. Their budget was like $3 million total. So not sure how interesting single player will be.

Last edited:
Graphically it looks about what you'd expect for a low budget indie title.

Has anyone played it yet? Is it worth playing with randoms or is it best left alone if you don't have friends to play with?

Graphically it looks about what you'd expect for a low budget indie title.

Has anyone played it yet? Is it worth playing with randoms or is it best left alone if you don't have friends to play with?

From everything I'm hearing it works either way. It's essentially like CoD. It doesn't matter if you have friends or not. It's gonna basically play the same either way. Only with randoms it's probably going to be a more serious/difficult game.

From everything I'm hearing it works either way. It's essentially like CoD. It doesn't matter if you have friends or not. It's gonna basically play the same either way. Only with randoms it's probably going to be a more serious/difficult game.

I'll probably steer clear of it then. Looks like fun but can't be arsed to deal with the "omg you're playing the game how I want you to" raging.

Haven't been able to get into a game. Now i get database login errors. Damn it

I'll probably steer clear of it then. Looks like fun but can't be arsed to deal with the "omg you're playing the game how I want you to" raging.

I haven't heard any complaints about people raging over the way others play. No reports of spamming, cheating, raging, or unfairness yet.

Haven't been able to get into a game. Now i get database login errors. Damn it

You try signing out and restarting your console? Some players have been having issues with this but most of them were eventually able to get in.

So if Tommy Jarvis is ~6 ft tall, Jason then must be around 8 feet. Ridiculous.

40 dollars for a game with 3 maps, tons of glitches and very repetitive matches

lol if you got scammed into buying this game

Pretty clear to me that 95% of the budget for this game went towards licenses for the Friday the 13th characters

Probably only had like 100k left over to make a game with

Pretty clear to me that 95% of the budget for this game went towards licenses for the Friday the 13th characters

Probably only had like 100k left over to make a game with

Actually Sean S Cunningham gave them the license for free.

But I agree, this thing is glitch city. It looks way more glitchy than the beta, which is weird. Hopefully they can get a patch out ASAP though I have no idea why they couldn't fix this stuff prior to release.

They said there's a possibility for more maps in the future, depending on how well the game sells, but Christ, with PS3-era graphics and all these issues, I don't see this thing flying off the shelf, which is unfortunate. I was hoping this game would sell like crazy so the owners of Halloween would take notice and finally give us a Michael Myers game.

Well shit that is pretty cool of him

Then I have no idea why the game is in the state it currently is in

Luckily their twitter account has said they're working on patches ASAP, so that's a plus. I'm not buying this thing until a physical copy becomes available so hopefully they'll have things ironed out completely by then.

Back