Frias Zahabi breaking down why banning kicks to the knee is stupid

Some techniques are banned because of the injuries they can cause.
12-6 elbow, kicking a downed opponent, Groin strike, attacks to the eye or spine. Back of the head. It's a sport not a street brawl.
There's a huge argument to banning the knee kick. It's a sneaky move to injure your opponent rather than "beat" him.
couldnt agree more. well said sir. pisses me off when i see that dumb shit. Especially when JBJ throws them. looks like he is literally trying to blow your knee out

Having repeatedly blown both knees out I freaking hate this kick, but it's a legit technique and ridiculous to even consider banning it.

If they want to change rules, get rid of the silly ban on 12-6 elbows.

Why does this thread keep happening every month for Fucks sake???

<Deported1>

Do I get the chance to tap when I get kicked in my head rendering me unconscious and causing permenant brain damage? Or how about the moment someone lands an overhand breaking my jaw in 3 places?

This is a fight sport, they outlawed groin strikes because it would make the dynamic of the sport horrifying (guys attacking each other’s nuts non-stop). Soccer kicks, knees to head of grounded opponent and 12-6 are about appeasing regulators, they aren’t any more dangerous a technique then a standing strike it just rubs some people the wrong way to see grounded opponents eat massive strikes (I personally love it, PRIDE was the best because of the rules creating more dynamic positions and finishes).

Back