French Far-Right Leader Refuses Court-Ordered Psych Exam

You're joking right?

Court ordered psych exams aren't some unreasonable extension of government power. Western nations have been using them for decades in relation to criminal and civil court proceedings.

Basically, this chick is just trying to disregard normal court proceedings because she feels she's above the law. Please don't teach your hypothetical daughter to emulate anti-social behavior and a disregard for the rule of law.

Um you're kidding right? Did you read the article? You do realize that the radical left is using the courts to undermine her credibility with this court order right? You know why they ordered it right?

This shouldn't be controversial to you at all. A leftist judge is being an activist on behalf of the post modernists.

Wow, that's some scary shit. France really needs to have another revolution at this point.

C'mon dude, you're better than this. You may not agree with her (and I suspect you don't), but she's 100% correct about use of government-compelled psych evaluations. In the modern era, totalitarian governments have used psychological evaluations as a cheap way of discrediting and disenfranchising political opposition. Such tactics, along with criminal prosecutions and manufactured scandals, are thought of as bloodless, less controversial political assassinations. Moreover, in the USA, compelled psych evaluations were used as a way of depriving women freedom and autonomy. Compelled psych evaluations have an ugly history of abuse, and that's why free countries don't allow them unless the subject has demonstrated an inability to care for his/her own wellbeing.

The simple fact is 1/3 of the French voted for Marine Le Pen in the last election, including half of the youth vote. She's not crazy. This is a soft political assassination attempt. You should be outraged, regardless of your political views.

That's what I thought lol. Pan is better than this lol.

Marine Le Pen ordered to submit to psychiatric evaluation over Islamic State execution tweets
The investigation relates to three graphic images of Islamic State executions Le Pen posted on Twitter in 2015, including the beheading of American journalist James Foley.

PARIS - A French court ordered Marine Le Pen to submit to a psychiatric evaluation as part of its investigation into her decision to post images of Islamic State executions on Twitter, the far right leader said on Thursday and denounced the order.

The investigation is one of a series that have distracted Le Pen's National Rally, formerly known as the National Front, as it seeks to rebuild after her loss to President Emmanuel Macron in the second round of an election last year.

The investigation relates to three graphic images of Islamic State executions Le Pen posted on Twitter in 2015, including the beheading of American journalist James Foley.

The tribunal declined to confirm it had ordered the evaluation but said the assessments were a normal part of such probes.

"I thought I had seen it all: but no! For having denounced the horrors of #Daesh in tweets, the 'justice' is submitting me to a psychiatric evaluation! How far will they go?" Le Pen wrote on Twitter. "It's UNBELIEVABLE."

She later told reporters she would skip the test. "I'd like to see how the judge would try and force me do it," she said.

Le Pen's criticism fits the party's narrative that it is persecuted by judges as part of an attempt by the establishment to undermine it politically.

Le Pen and her party have been targeted by a series of other judicial probes, including over the alleged misuse of EU funds.

According to a copy of the court document dated September 11, which Le Pen published on Twitter, the judge wants the evaluation to assess if she suffers from any mental illness and, if so, if that could have affected her understanding of what she was doing when she posted the tweets.

The expert is also tasked with determining whether her mental health could be a risk to the public.
I wouldn't be comforted by the knee-jerk defense, "Well, this is just routine." If this is a "normal" part of such probes then your country's laws are broken, France.

This is why I don't really care to be lectured on notions of freedom by Europeans. In the UK Nazi pugs will subject the owner to potential jail time and a fine. In Austria and Germany denying the Holocaust (however stupid) is a crime. In Poland accusing the state of complicity in Nazi history is illegal. In France using Twitter to post about topics that are actually important is a cause for state psychoanalysis.

All of these countries seem to agree on one thing: "hate speech" isn't free speech. They'll even go after American tech companies for not policing it aggressively enough. Europeans, fresh as they are to actually implementing these ideals of democracy, just don't get it.

MadMick, a Reich by any other name...Can't beat'em militarily just fundamentally change them economically, socially, demographically, politically till you have a much more biddable populous that willingly hand over the keys to curate their lives as you see fit.

i have a funny pic i made of muhammed but i will not post it because religion of peace would probably murder my entire family.

Marine Le Pen ordered to submit to psychiatric evaluation over Islamic State execution tweets

I wouldn't be comforted by the knee-jerk defense, "Well, this is just routine." If this is a "normal" part of such probes then your country's laws are broken, France.

This is why I don't really care to be lectured on notions of freedom by Europeans. In the UK Nazi pugs will subject the owner to potential jail time and a fine. In Austria and Germany denying the Holocaust (however stupid) is a crime. In Poland accusing the state of complicity in Nazi history is illegal. In France using Twitter to post about topics that are actually important is a cause for state psychoanalysis.

All of these countries seem to agree on one thing: "hate speech" isn't free speech. They'll even go after American tech companies for not policing it aggressively enough. Europeans, fresh as they are to actually implementing these ideals of democracy, just don't get it.
It's a sad state of affairs. Swedish politician called in Google, Twitter and Facebook for meetings ahead of the election with threats that if they don't comply and remove certain content like fake news, Sweden would legislate and make them comply.

I envy America since I feel it is the last bastion of free speech.

Of course EU shits will do as much as possible to demonize Le Pen

Italy and France allied, plus possible agreement with Austria will cause the traitors paper castle to crumble

Macron staying in power is a key point to them

Glad I’ve never used twitter or FB. Who knows what could come back to haunt me if I had?

Glad I’ve never used twitter or FB. Who knows what could come back to haunt me if I had?
i deleted my facebook and created a new one and then deleted that facebook and created a newer one.

i made my facebook back when people could take a joke

Thank you for not making this partisan.

It seems to me that no matter who people elect in countries across the planet, it just becomes more authoritarian whether the excuse is Illegal aliens, and the creation of ICE with federal police powers in the interior of the US, or gun grabbing Dems, or both fear mongering on terror to strip basic freedom, or leftists using hate speech to censor, I see the same agenda wearing different trappings.

Hence the rise of nationalism and right wing political groups all across Europe.

Lecture us when you stop persecuting poor Alex Jones you gay frog .

I support Marine Le Pen's refusal to submit to psychiatric evaluation.

It will be a war on popsicle sticks before you know it...

Back