French Far-Right Leader Refuses Court-Ordered Psych Exam

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This is a strong and empowered woman. If I ever have a daughter I am going to introduce Le Pen to her as a role model.

https://www.courthousenews.com/french-far-right-leader-refuses-court-ordered-psych-exam/

PARIS (AP) — French far-right leader Marine Le Pen is refusing to undergo a court-ordered psychiatric exam for tweeting brutal images of Islamic State violence, comparing the demand to methods used in totalitarian regimes.

A preliminary charge of distribution of violent images was filed in March against Le Pen, a lawmaker, after her immunity was lifted.

On Thursday, she tweeted a decision ordering a psychiatric exam that was dated Sept. 12 and gives her 10 days to modify questions to be asked. She said on BFM TV that totalitarian regimes use such methods against opponents to “make them look like they’re crazy.”

Le Pen’s December 2015 tweets showed executions by IS extremists, including the killing of American reporter James Foley. She posted them after the November 2015 Paris attacks by IS that killed 130 people.

You're joking right?

Court ordered psych exams aren't some unreasonable extension of government power. Western nations have been using them for decades in relation to criminal and civil court proceedings.

Basically, this chick is just trying to disregard normal court proceedings because she feels she's above the law. Please don't teach your hypothetical daughter to emulate anti-social behavior and a disregard for the rule of law.

What is she afraid of? I aced every court ordered psych exam, high scores all around.

Being anti-Islam isn't a psychological issue, more like vice-versa.

You're joking right?

Court ordered psych exams aren't some unreasonable extension of government power. Western nations have been using them for decades in relation to criminal and civil court proceedings.

Basically, this chick is just trying to disregard normal court proceedings because she feels she's above the law. Please don't teach your hypothetical daughter to emulate anti-social behavior and a disregard for the rule of law.

Even in western nations civil disobedience is a strong check on unreasonable government conduct. She is protesting the underlying charge which is contradictory to her free speech rights.

This is a strong and empowered woman. If I ever have a daughter I am going to introduce Le Pen to her as a role model.

Really taking that strict Asian dad stereotype to horrifying new frontiers, Alan.

kCS6FM87EFpr.gif

I actually sympathize with Le Pen in terms of these being politically charged...charges, but the woman should not be a role model to anyone.

I back her 100%, ordering political opponents to submit to psychiatric examination is beyond totalitarian.

AlanB also went on a rant one time about how the judge should have been lenient when War Machine beat that woman half to death. Why? Because we used to understand when a man lost his temper over a female, and War machine is not a criminal, he's a victim. Victim of what? Radical feminism. Lol. Oh, the good ole days.

Keep in mind, he claims to be a lawyer.

Here's the post, before anyone pretends he didn't actually say that.

He's definitely a lawyer and appears to be fairly competent one. He also has some ideological leanings that are far too nativist and gender-negative for me.

AlanB also went on a rant one time about how the judge should have been lenient when War Machine beat that woman half to death. Why? Because we used to understand when a man lost his temper over a female, and War machine is not a criminal, he's a victim. Victim of what? Radical feminism. Lol. Oh, the good ole days.

Keep in mind, he claims to be a lawyer.

Here's the post, before anyone pretends he didn't actually say that.

Goddammit, Alan.

He is a lawyer, though. And, as pan said, a seemingly competent one.

He's definitely a lawyer and appears to be fairly competent one. He also has some ideological leanings that are far too nativist and gender-negative for me.

Somebody who practices law who believes what he just said is terrifying. "Too gender-negative" is not even close to describing how demented that post is.

We will be going back and trimming some of old posts

It wasn't his spouse, it was his ex. Also, it's not at all a "normal reaction" to beat a woman almost to death in any circumstance. Also, it's not "radical feminism" that makes beating a woman almost to death a bad thing. You are sounding just as insane as him.
Ahh, I missed that it was his ex. Then yes, that is obviously considerably worse. I never said it was justifiable, I said that it was understandable as a mitigating circumstance.

You are attempting to apply a pretty massive double standard based on his capacity for violence. As a semi professional athlete he was capable of killing her very easily and very quickly. If you reversed the situation, the issue doesn't even make the news. He lost his temper when he shouldn't have. He should have been punished for his relative actions not his relative capacity. That is wholly consistent with the principles of justice and fairness even if it departs from some modern legal concepts.

I'm with Le Pen on this one. Don't care for her politics, but this is overreach to me. There is no reasonable concern about competency based on posting images that cast ISIS in a negative light.

I'm with Le Pen on this one. Don't care for her politics, but this is overreach to me. There is no reasonable concern about competency based on posting images that cast ISIS in a negative light.
Thank you for staying on topic

They say that it's a normal part of their process over there.

French law states that medical evaluations must be carried out in such probes.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-...-ordered-to-undergo-psychiatric-test/10288056

If this is normal for French law then I think she's wrong.

Solid derail.

Court ordering any politician to take a psychological exam seems pretty extreme unless they are raging naked in addition food court somewhere covered in BBQ rib sauce.

What is the ultimate goal of the psych exam? They consider her to be experiencing a psychotic disorder?

Back