Freedom caucus vs Trump

Gervinho

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
War is looming inside the GOP. After the health care fiasco Trump wont take this lying down. For long time small part of the far right has held back the GOP and their mantra seem to be say no to everything and never compromise. But most republican politicians has stayed away fro going after them as they are powerfull and backed by talk radio and religious freaks.

The tide has change now that the republicans has Trump on their side and i can see the moderates encourage trump to go after them. Trump has already had 2 tweets going after them. How will this end?

Both of the major political parties are tearing apart at the seams right now. I love it.

I'm a supporter of more freedom for my caucus. What's the problem?

Trump is not a true member of the GOP...there are Dems & Reps who won't deal with him, and there are those who are willing to....
both sides of fake news are salivating on this
popcorn_yes.gif

Trump is not a true member of the GOP...there are Dems & Reps who won't deal with him, and there are those who are willing to....
both sides of fake news are salivating on this
popcorn_yes.gif
True....but his tweet about dealing with dems show he doesnt undetstand politics. I can see him alienating republicans by going after the freedom caucus and even the ones who dont like them will see he had zero loyalty to anyone and keep their distance from him. The dems will encourage him and play him making hom believe he can be a uniter and above politics and dump him as soon as he he turned enough republicans away. He is playing a very dangerous game here

True....but his tweet about dealing with dems show he doesnt undetstand politics. I can see him alienating republicans by going after the freedom caucus and even the ones who dont like them will see he had zero loyalty to anyone and keep their distance from him. The dems will encourage him and play him making hom believe he can be a uniter and above politics and dump him as soon as he he turned enough republicans away. He is playing a very dangerous game here
he played that dangerous game as soon as he ran for office....

Fuck the freedom caucus and tea party. We've had too much of "our way or the highway" of the past 8+ years.

I thought a two party system was supposed to work like party A wants this, and Party B wants that. So we sit down at the table and work it out until we meet in the middle. Over the past 8 years its all been no compromise between the two sides and its fucking gonna destroy this country long term. We're gonna be falling further and further behind with lack of cooperation.

He's trying to show the HFC that he doesn't need them - either they do what he says and they get the most conservative bill possible or he'll cut a deal with Democrats to get a bill passed and it will be more to the center than if the HFC played ball.

I don't believe there will ever be enough Dem votes in the House to offset Freedom Caucus losses. GOP has a 44 seat advantage, meaning they can lose 22 on and vote - HFC had about 30 members, so Trump would need to pick up 8 House Dem votes - and what it would take to get those would probably lose more votes from the further right of the GOP House Caucus. And I think the HFC know this - Rep. Jordan seems like a pretty smart guy who will call Trump's bluff here knowing Trump cannot lose another major bill any time soon and if he risks searching for Democrat votes, Jordan and the HFC can paint Trump as a RINO fraud, and make their (grand)stand against his legislation of the moment seem true to conservative principles while Trump is looking to cut deals with liberals.

They'll say "Why is Trump trying to force us to vote for a less conservative bill rather than trying to force moderates to vote for a more conservative bill?"

I agree except for one thing. Trump keep defining logic. If it comes to making each other look bad. Trump and his twitter account is more powerful than any argument they can make. Cruz tried to show everyone trmp is not conservative by bringing up bunch of things he said and done. It didnt work. Also its not lime the freedom caucus has much say its either trump or democrat president next.

I think the talk about working with Dems now is because we're a month out from Government needing new funding or there would be a shutdown. If Dems pull the usual minority party stunt, they provide no votes for anything, and then the HFC could shutdown government - and given GOP had WH, House and Senate they'd rightfully be blamed even if the Dems didn't provide any vote.

The House Freedom Caucus is even crazier than trump. What they want is even more extreme.

The House Freedom Caucus is even crazier than trump. What they want is even more extreme.

Wait a minute, I thought Trump was the best deal maker ever. Hires the best people and makes the best deals. that I can tell you

I don't think it's going to work that way. I think there's more overlap between supporters of the HFC and Trump voters than Trump realizes. I'm going to have to find some data on it though.

Yep Trump is so gonna go after them for the defeat of the bill. One thing he never does is let things go by.

Back