Free UFC Fight: Jon "Bones" Jones vs Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida

Thuckey

I swear to drunk.. I'm not God.
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Brings back memories. That finished left me wide eyed and jaw dropped for like 5 full minutes, this is when I considered Machida P4P top 3. Honesly if Machida kept fighting like he did during his short lived "era" he could have been the Floyd of mma. But, he got hungry and enjoyed KOing people and getting a little rough it seemed. Which is cool.

It was a great fight. Madchida had some early success and this was as good as it got in terms of striking for mma at the time. Two of the best in the world at the time as well. How would it not get FOTN?

very nice choke to finish, i think lyoto was shook from that elbow that cut him up.

Ugh I hope someday I can see Jones lose just once

Unbelievable how a 23 year old took a clean blitz from Machida of all people and didn't panic and fold up, usually when fighters at a young face adversity for the first time they crumble and lose i.e, Sage, PVZ, Conor etc

Unbelievable how a 23 year old took a clean blitz from Machida of all people and didn't panic and fold up, usually when fighters at a young face adversity for the first time they crumble and lose i.e, Sage, PVZ, Conor etc

Eh, Paige didn't fold against Rose. She gutted out a pretty brutal beating before she finally got tapped.

Bones has no honor ;) this fight is what sold me on that

That was a crazy night

Fight before Mir chicken winged Nog

One of my favorite UFC cards

Can I ask what it was exactly in this fight that Jones did that was unhonorable?
Lol have you watched the fight?? He chokes out Machida standing then knowing he is out brushes him off just letting him fall down hard then never goes back to check on him even though his coach knew it looked horrible.. it was one of the worst examples of sportsmanship I have seen in the UFC.

good old jon jones stomping MWs

Back