FREE Training at my house. See PICS

Resendiz

Just glad to be able to train again.
@Brown
Reaction score
California in Mission Hills (San Fernado Valley)

I started posting on Sherdog on a high school computer, before joining Jean Jacques Machado academy. I bought some mats, converted my garage into a gym, learned from books, then went on to find a BJJ academy (JJM).

Those home garage days were the best. If any of you old school guys are reading this. You'll remember that in like 2005 I had the Sherdog Grappling Extravaganza where a lot of you guys showed up. Some of you guys were not even from California and showed up!

Those were the days. Where nothing mattered other than getting better and learning stuff. Then life hit and had to make money and all that life stuff.

Ill keep it short. I am back at it after a 6-7 year vacation. I still cant train during academy training hours due to running my business and being on the phone all day.

FREE TRAINING. I don't run a class, I don't promote, I don't take money.
Just buy me some mat cleaner from time to time and were good.

NOTE: STILL working on building mat walls, but these pictures show you what im working with. I can expand the space if it gets crowded, but I'm sure were good with this space 16ft x 44ft.

Normal Space: 704 Square feet
With added section: 5ft*20ft = 100square feet.

Mon-Fri:
Night: 9pm to 12am
Morning: 5:30am to 8am

20180930_200727.jpg 20180930_201047.jpg 20180930_201115.jpg 20180930_201430.jpg 20180930_201445.jpg 20181001_230110.jpg 20181002_003209.jpg 20180930_200727.jpg 20180930_201047.jpg 20180930_201115.jpg 20180930_201430.jpg 20180930_201445.jpg 20181001_230110.jpg 20181002_003209.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to Peteyandjia for making access to my old ass account possible. I owe you one.

Looking to buy a house in the next 2 years and will for sure have a home gym (mat + walls, treadmill, barbell/dumbell weights).

Gorgeous outdoor setup you got there
<{dayum}>

Beautiful set up.
This is my ultimate goal. To get enough people to like me where I don't even go to class anymore. Bunch of people just show up, teach other things informally, drill, and roll.

Where are you located?

Beautiful set up.
This is my ultimate goal. To get enough people to like me where I don't even go to class anymore. Bunch of people just show up, teach other things informally, drill, and roll.

Where are you located?
I cant believe I didn't include that.

In CA, Los Angeles.
Mission Hills to be exact

It's a really cool idea. I knew it had to be in California though; if I tried that here in Texas right now, I'd die of heatstroke or malaria.

beautifullll set up id go train with you if i lived in that area only prob with outdoor mats is rain having to bring them in each time is a pain

beautifullll set up id go train with you if i lived in that area only prob with outdoor mats is rain having to bring them in each time is a pain
Yes. I roll them in and out each day. Its only 3 so Its not too bad. But I am constantly thinking of ways to make it easier to set up and remove. I have a few ideas that I will be adding in the next week.

Yes. I roll them in and out each day. Its only 3 so Its not too bad. But I am constantly thinking of ways to make it easier to set up and remove. I have a few ideas that I will be adding in the next week.
depends on type of mats some wreslting mats are heavy as fukkkkkkkkkkk and the dollamor type are light easy to rollup

depends on type of mats some wreslting mats are heavy as fukkkkkkkkkkk and the dollamor type are light easy to rollup

Yes it's the flexiroll LiteWeight mats. It's not the weight that's the issue, it's the rolling to store them, lifting onto dolly that's annoying.

Nice, looks like a nice outdoor training pad. Nothing better when you train hard and you just need fresh air.

Wholly sheeet that's a beautiful set up. I just quit my academy to heal a bad shoulder and a couple of toes. I'm in the SFV too. Would love to come by and train once my shoulder improves.

Nice setup. Good luck finding people to workout with. You may want to try Reddit as well if you are having issues getting people. Your mat space is literally bigger than my apartment.

You're either single of have a very understanding wife.

Wholly sheeet that's a beautiful set up. I just quit my academy to heal a bad shoulder and a couple of toes. I'm in the SFV too. Would love to come by and train once my shoulder improves.
Right on. Im by Devonshire and Sepulveda. Which academy did you train at?

You're either single of have a very understanding wife.
She didn't know about until the first day that I had people over. I added lights, fixed some things around the house and made the backyard look nice. I actually removed 1800lbs of junk that we had, most weight was from my daughters unused sandbox, i know the weight because I took it to the ladfill where you pay by weight dumped. So she was very happy for the 2 weeks i was secretly prepping. I know what I was actually doing though, buttering her up. I figured I might as well just do it since I was not going to accept a no. Didn't want to give her time to stress about it. Turns out she didn't mind at all. A very good (and lucky) way of planning. She's also one of those rare people that never gets angry so yeah, I am lucky. And shes hot, thought id throw that in there lol.

Nice setup. Good luck finding people to workout with. You may want to try Reddit as well if you are having issues getting people. Your mat space is literally bigger than my apartment.

I will definitely try that. I know MeetUp will also bring people. In the next 2 weeks I'll have a good amount of people and consistency i think. I'll definitely try Reddit though. thanks for the tip

Looks awesome, if I was anywhere near mission hills I’d stop by. Rolling outside, add some bbq and drinks ... classic setup.

It's a really cool idea. I knew it had to be in California though; if I tried that here in Texas right now, I'd die of heatstroke or malaria.

Could you imagine this in the middle of August? I'd probably pass out.

Back