Free standing heavybags

tommyd241

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with freestanding heavy bags? Is there any bag thats decent for muay thai style training?

What you want is a regular heavy bag for MT. and for boxing

IF you're doing karate, a freestanding bag can help. They're not use-interchangeable, except a heavy bag can also work for karate.

Freestanding is mostly good for straight kicks, doesn't move or feel right for roundhouse kicks, especially with the shin. No good for knees. It's also not too great for punches. The dynamics of it are all wrong for developing most things

Disclosure: had both. Don't kid yourself.

Anyone have experience with freestanding heavy bags? Is there any bag thats decent for muay thai style training?
cc8baa1e-eff4-4132-9ef0-f376d25a8403_1.9cb4fa35585b1e4d7dc9541bda5d72b6.jpeg

Still not the same, the feedback's too light. Its nice to have a more human looking model, but still.

Have you tried the head one?
f1e9dbfb-6c30-423d-9050-950f8228e095.jpg._CB279074904_.jpg

It was fun to hit, different way of holding, I didn't know so I almost jammed my wrist

i dont know how much this thing costs, but it looks like it would be kinda fun and actually pretty good i think to work movement on. The guy doing the demo I dont think does justice for the things capable of being done on it. some of the things he did on it were very ugly, the knees for example, kneeing the bag is a good idea, but since his knees kinda sucked, i dont feel it did a good job of displaying what could be done, does that make sense? anyways yea, this thing looks kinda cool and fun, like the punching bag you had as a kid, but for adults.

googled the price, $527, definitely not worth it. You could probably make one yourself out of a regular standing punching bag, and some spray foam for the base.

Last edited:
i dont know how much this thing costs, but it looks like it would be kinda fun and actually pretty good i think to work movement on. The guy doing the demo I dont think does justice for the things capable of being done on it. some of the things he did on it were very ugly, the knees for example, kneeing the bag is a good idea, but since his knees kinda sucked, i dont feel it did a good job of displaying what could be done, does that make sense? anyways yea, this thing looks kinda cool and fun, like the punching bag you had as a kid, but for adults.

googled the price, $527, definitely not worth it.

W8u25HR.png

https://www.best-punching-bag.com/

I'm good bud, I'll stick with the Craigslist/Kijiji canvas heavybag

Back