Once A Pioneer Of The Free Speech Movement, UC Berkeley Is Now Giving In To Violent Rioters.

Goes to show that violence can work to shut down political dissent.

So they (antifa and the various SJW groups churned out of universities humanities departments) may as well keep attacking any political opposition.

I can see that but people can only get pushed so far and get confronted with violence so much before they snap back too though.

AS AN EXAMPLE, you can't post on Facebook you're going to go collect "Nazi scalps", get in someone's face, grab them by the throat, reportedly fill glass bottles with M-80s and light and NOT expect to have someone cold clock blast you for it.

Just a real specific example I know but at some point one side is going to snap if they get zero help/protection from those in charge.

Like there was a girl with a "Make Bitcoin Great Again" hat at like a Milo even or something and got sprayed in the face by one of these pussy dreadlock wearing trust funding hippies.
I get all of that, but you lose claim to the moral argument by becoming violent yourself. It's far more effective to continue exposing hypocrisy and pressuring administrators, local authorities and lawmakers. The second you get in a brawl with these goofballs, it's just a brawl. It's not a brawl for rights. And going into gun territory is an absurd extension of that. The first yahoo that goes armed with a gun to confront the stupid Berkeley kids, and shoots one of them, is going to rightfully go to prison.

I get all of that, but you lose claim to the moral argument by becoming violent yourself. It's far more effective to continue exposing hypocrisy and pressuring administrators, local authorities and lawmakers. The second you get in a brawl with these goofballs, it's just a brawl. It's not a brawl for rights. And going into gun territory is an absurd extension of that. The first yahoo that goes armed with a gun to confront the stupid Berkeley kids, and shoots one of them, is going to rightfully go to prison.
Yeah.... The powers that be better get their head's out of their asses soon then.

who cares. a college degree barely guarantees a mcdonalds level job.

I don't know if it's really fair to blame the university for canceling. They have to protect their property, and having monthly riots over whacko visitors is not exactly doing a lot of good for their public image. You can be pro-free speech and also not want to keep allowing altercations that destroy your campus. They are in a bad spot.

If you want to blame someone here, I think you have to go straight to the rioters. If you hate a speaker, show up for a debate or stay home. What rioters (not protesters) have been doing lately is terrible for everyone and fornout country as a whole.
Berkeley isn't pro free speech. Also, they have indulged the ironically named anti-fa types for decades. They have helped create the violent intolerance on their campus.

Berkeley isn't pro free speech. Also, they have indulged the ironically named anti-fa types for decades. They have helped create the violent intolerance on their campus.

So who booked Ann and Milo's speaking engagements? Were they just going to show up, hoping Berkelely would allow them to speak?

free speech is a right that exists between govt and citizen. not citizen and university. they dont have to invite people to speak.

with that said, the people attempting to shut down speeches are idiots. they are the reason trump got elected, in large part. they victimize the people that they hate, giving them a "win" in public opinion.

Did you guys know Anne Coulter dates JJ Evans from Goodtimes? That blew my mind when I heard it.

free speech is a right that exists between govt and citizen. not citizen and university. they dont have to invite people to speak.

with that said, the people attempting to shut down speeches are idiots. they are the reason trump got elected, in large part. they victimize the people that they hate, giving them a "win" in public opinion.

First smart thing you've said in a while.

On topic, this new brand of liberalism and Social justice Warrior activism goes against the very grain of what it is to be truly liberal.

Pathetic...

On topic, this new brand of liberalism and Social justice Warrior activism goes against the very grain of what it is to be truly liberal.

Pathetic...

agreed, but most on the right are exaggerating the number of these people that actually exist, just like goons on the left exaggerate the number of racists there are at trump rallies.

few are more pissed at these people than me. when they started attacking trumps campaign rallies i legitimately got worried. they imagine themselves some sort of freedom fighter i guess, but on TV, and in reality, theyre just babies not allowing people to speak. they give the moral high ground away on a silver platter. idiots.

So who booked Ann and Milo's speaking engagements? Were they just going to show up, hoping Berkelely would allow them to speak?

If you honestly couldn't absorb that basic information in the OP like everyone else in this discussion, I'm afraid you have a serious reading-comprehension impairment.

Either that, or you're the retarded demographic mentioned in my sig who have no business joining in a discussion that he chose to be completely ignorant about.

So, which is it?

Last edited:
How about this: update the campus rule to add automatic expulsion for any student who riots and destroy school property simply because they don't like something somebody else says.

And then bring in 10 of the most controversial speakers on consecutive days.

Surround the speaking areas with cameras, and problem solved.

They are not students. That will do zero good.
That's what they say anyways, the same authorities that are obviously on the left's anti-free speech side and refusing to arrest anyone because of it. I don't believe that.

What about 18-25 and Berkeley student doesn't scream antifa stereotype to you? It's pretty obvious that a good amount of these rioters must be students and faculty.

Berkeley is govt funded so it is (university=govt):citizen

Pathetic...

This is why I don't get wrapped up in labels and parties. I would never attach myself to any massive group of people who vaguely hold some similar views to me while mostly holding conflicting views.

When I look at today's political parties, I don't even come close to saying, "Cool, the people in that party really reflect my beliefs and I trust them to do the right thing!" So why the hell would I associate with them? I honestly have a very difficult time really appreciating anybody in politics right now.

This is why I don't get wrapped up in labels and parties. I would never attach myself to any massive group of people who vaguely hold some similar views to me while mostly holding conflicting views.

When I look at today's political parties, I don't even come close to saying, "Cool, the people in that party really reflect my beliefs and I trust them to do the right thing!" So why the hell would I associate with them? I honestly have a very difficult time really appreciating anybody in politics right now.

Same here....I try and restrict my labels as well...

I mean, most of my closest friends, family, co-workers, colleagues (90%) I would say are "liberal" or definitely lean left.

and that's cool...

it's a certain sub section of that group I truly despise, the SJWs and Self hating white liberals, and radical elements of #BLM.

I equate them with the KKK, and far right wing nationalist groups.

Berkeley is govt funded so it is (university=govt):citizen

mehhhhhh

theyre govt. funded. i dont think anyone considers universities an arm of the F'ing executive branch out enforcing laws and such.

Back