Once A Pioneer Of The Free Speech Movement, UC Berkeley Is Now Giving In To Violent Rioters.

The most repugnant, dumbest speech is the speech that needs protecting.
I like this. I'll also add the opposite needs protecting as well: speech that's so true and undeniable that it's worth censoring by those of whom that consider it threatening.

Just a suggestion: Just because the fascists and anarchists who sets Berkeley on fire are calling themselves "antifascists" doesn't mean everyone else should indulge their self-gratification.

If you guys are going to refer to the anti free speech thugs as "antifas" like they wants you to, I suggest you add "self-proclaimed" on front of it.

I resent their self-label of anarchists. You're not an anarchist if you want a totalitarian gov't to shut down dissenting opinion and maximally redistribute wealth for reparations or otherwise.

1925743_630x354.jpg

1925095_630x354.jpg

1925022_630x354.jpg

Protester at UC Berkeley who refuses to remove mask is cuffed and arrested
By Sarah Ravani | April 27, 2017

920x920.png

The encounter that led to the arrest — witnessed by a Chronicle reporter —began when another protester arrived at Sproul Plaza shortly after 11 a.m. with a sign that said, “The issue is not free speech, the issue is fascism.”

A small group of university police officers surrounded that man, Raphael Kadaris of the Refuse Fascism group, and told him that his sign violated a campus ordinance against carrying signs larger than 30 inches by 30 inches.

Kadaris, who handed the sign to a bystander, was given a warning.

But the second man, wearing a surgical mask, refused to remove it, identify himself or submit to a photograph.

“I feel like I’m being criminalized,” he said.

He told police he was wearing the mask because of a sore throat and that he had left his wallet and identification at home.

“I plead the fifth,” the masked man told police.

“That’s not applicable here,” the unidentified officer replied.

“Why is that not applicable?” said the masked man.

“We are not in court,” another officer replied.

Police arrested the man, who then took off his mask, cuffed him in plastic restraints and led him away.

A UC Berkeley police spokesman said the man was arrested for obstructing officers, wearing a mask to evade police and giving false identification.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Protester-at-UC-Berkeley-who-refuses-to-remove-11104429.php

You must have missed it. Right before that a black lady kept trying to interrupt the white guy by repeating why here.
A bottle just got thrown and someone got arrested.

I resent their self-label of anarchists. You're not an anarchist if you want a totalitarian gov't to shut down dissenting opinion and maximally redistribute wealth for reparations or otherwise.

I'm pretty sure the "real communists" in the Mao and Stalin camp probably don't want any association with the Revolutionary Communist Party in Berkeley either.

b0f36bb633e7ad7308b7ee9cf2f8b571_XL.jpg

The "free speech movement" was never about the principle of free speech. It was about overthrowing the dominant culture. It reminds me of this quote from Dune:
“When I am Weaker Thn You, I ask you for Freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am Stronger than you, I take away your Freedom Because that is according to my principles.”

The entire existence of the city of berkeley is unfortunate

Sharing a planet with that filthy backward cesspool makes me feel like I'm walking around with a giant infected wound on my body and I can't rest until it's been scrubbed down to nothing

The "free speech movement" was never about the principle of free speech. It was about overthrowing the dominant culture. It reminds me of this quote from Dune:
“When I am Weaker Thn You, I ask you for Freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am Stronger than you, I take away your Freedom Because that is according to my principles.”

Are the speakers being denied holding an ideology of silencing the opposition?

“I plead the fifth,” the masked man told police.

“That’s not applicable here,” the unidentified officer replied.

“Why is that not applicable?” said the masked man.

“We are not in court,” another officer replied.

{<jordan}

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back