Freddie Roach "McGregor is not that good of a fighter! Hes a 4 round fighter at this point!"

Hard to argue against that, he hasn't shown great cardio before.

Hey Dana, remember when you sent Chuck to Pride?

I wonder why people compare rounds of MMA to rounds of boxing. First of all, boxing arounds are shorter. That alone should make this comment irrelevant. But then if that's not enough for you, MMA rounds typically have more going on in them.
If this fight is twelve rounds for instance, 12 x 3 = 36. 36 minutes compared to the 25 that Conor fought against Nate Diaz (the fight that he's basing this comment on). But then you have to also factor in he's getting more minute long breaks.

Freddie doesn't know what he's talking about.

I think YOU don't know what Freddie is talking about

In boxing? I'd say 6 rounds. Though he's only got a shot in the first 3-4 rounds.

This is what I think is Conor's biggest weakness in the fight. Conor has never gone 12 rounds before in boxing, and boxing is a different style of cardio than MMA. Conor isn't much of a cardio guy in MMA to begin with.

If Conor had crazy endurance and could be throwing heat for a full 12 rounds, he'd have a way better shot. But everything suggests he can't. As soon as he gets tired, Floyd will take him out.

Here's to hoping Conor lands that 1/1000 punch and puts Floyd out.

Really? You don't think his biggest weakness in the fight is his MASSIVE skill and speed disadvantage?

He's a good MMA fighter. He's not a good boxer. He's definitely not a "beat maybe the best boxer ever" good boxer.

This fight will look like James Toney vs Randy Couture

Really? You don't think his biggest weakness in the fight is his MASSIVE skill and speed disadvantage?

McGregor is limited in this fight, but he has a couple attacks he can use that Mayweather will need to be aware of.

If he had cardio to go a hard, fast 12 rounds, it means Mayweather has to be conscious of his left hand the entire fight.

With cardio to only go a hard 4-6 rounds, that means Mayweather can do practically whatever he wants with no risk after a certain point.

Conors stand up will look so amateur against mayweather , it's going to be phenomenal

Is that what he said?
How can u understand that guy without subtitles?

McGregor is limited in this fight, but he has a couple attacks he can use that Mayweather will need to be aware of.

If he had cardio to go a hard, fast 12 rounds, it means Mayweather has to be conscious of his left hand the entire fight.

With cardio to only go a hard 4-6 rounds, that means Mayweather can do practically whatever he wants with no risk after a certain point.

The straight left and...........? Even the straight left isn't going to pose much problems since, its Floyds signature punch (well the straight right, but Floyd is orthodox), Conor throws it from range (no one is beating Floyd from range) and Conor has allot of tells when he throws it that a Boxer would see. Most obvious being he tenses up and shifts his weight all to his back foot. Honestly the biggest weakness Conor will have is his poor weight distribution and lack of skill on defensive and offensive lateral movement. Well and obviously the speed difference

Even if Conor has world class elite Boxing skill and athleticism (he doesn't), he has a TERRIBLE style to give Floyd problems. Skill difference aside, i can't think of a worse style to beat Floyd then Conor's

I wonder why people compare rounds of MMA to rounds of boxing. First of all, boxing arounds are shorter. That alone should make this comment irrelevant. But then if that's not enough for you, MMA rounds typically have more going on in them.
If this fight is twelve rounds for instance, 12 x 3 = 36. 36 minutes compared to the 25 that Conor fought against Nate Diaz (the fight that he's basing this comment on). But then you have to also factor in he's getting more minute long breaks.

Freddie doesn't know what he's talking about.
<LikeReally5>

The things Conor needed to make a boxing match with Nate Diaz competitive i.e. leg/body/head kicks/spinningshit are all not allowed in boxing and are things Floyd has never had to worry about in competiton. Conor is getting fucked up in this fight.

I like Freddie Roach and agree for the most part.

He is partial, as a boxing trainer.

But Conor really has no chance imo.

A lot of boxing folks don't want to see this break PPV records. Pride, jealousy...

But in Roachs case, he trained Paq, which did 4.6M buys. He doesn't want to see the eclipsed. So he marginalizes Conor to make it sound as if it's not worthy.

The things Conor needed to make a boxing match with Nate Diaz competitive i.e. leg/body/head kicks/spinningshit are all not allowed in boxing and are things Floyd has never had to worry about in competiton. Conor is getting fucked up in this fight.
You talk like Conor had to use every tools in mma to beat Nate. He only threw leg kicks, punches and little to none elbow and push kick in nate fight. Conor's primary weapon is his hands.

so in boxing you move up in the rounds as you get better, so calling someone a 4 round fighter is like calling someone a white belt.

a 10 round fighter will beat the shit out of a 4 round fighter 100% of the time.

in boxing, calling someone a 4 round fighter is an insult.

4 round fighters are beginners or total bums. 6 round fighters are guys that are coming up or slightly decent bums. 8 round fighters are guys coming up and doing good or journeymen. 10 round fighters are good fighters.

Nobody really cares about boxing, because it sucks. Connor McGregor versus Mayweather is it freak show and that's why it will sell. And it's going to sell way more than the legit boxing match that is Canelo versus triple G.

If Conor lands a single punch I'll be surprised.

And while we're all laughing at him Conor will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Conor doesn't throw like alvarez or maidana, this fight is a joke, and being blown out of proportion

Back