Frankie Just outstruck cub. What fight does he take next?

So Frankie beating Scrub Swanson far, far less dominantly than he did four years ago was impressive and should earn him the next shot at the belt? M'kay...

Don't say that, man.
That's a fight I'd love to see.
I don't want to see Frankie get hurt is all. I've been a fan for a long time and would hate to see him get KTFO'd again. I think TJ is too young and too fast and too crafty for Frankie at this point. Take Frankie from the second Penn fight or the third Maynard fight and I think he has a great chance, but that was years ago.

He just needs to drop to 135.

Huge Frankie fan, but don't see him beating Max or Ortega.
Too young, too big, too good.
Too young is a solid point. Edgar is getting old and has a ton of mileage on him from all the wars he's had.

Too big is not a good point. Frankie did extremely well against Ben Henderson (I thought Frankie won both fights) and Bendo has fought successfully at WW. He's also the former LW champ. I don't see large FWs giving him any issues due to size.

Too good is debatable, and we won't know until the fights happen. Edgar is and has been among the best in the game for years.

Winner of Stephens/Aldo, then the winner of that gets whoever wins at UFC 226.

i'd retire if I were him. no point being a gatekeeper. financially, he's got a career as an analyst waiting for him.

i'd retire if I were him. no point being a gatekeeper. financially, he's got a career as an analyst waiting for him.

By that logic every fighter in every division other than the top 2 or 3 are gatekeepers & all of them should retire.

By that logic every fighter in every division other than the top 2 or 3 are gatekeepers & all of them should retire.

not every fighter has achieved their goal of being a champion or has another career waiting for him.

Elkins.

Darren deserves a contender fight, but it is a low risk fight for Frankie tbh so both guys would probably want it. They are the most deserving of a contender fight anyway.

darren-elkins-vs-mirsad-bektic.jpg

So Frankie beating Scrub Swanson far, far less dominantly than he did four years ago was impressive and should earn him the next shot at the belt? M'kay...

When did I say that?

I don't want to see Frankie get hurt is all. I've been a fan for a long time and would hate to see him get KTFO'd again. I think TJ is too young and too fast and too crafty for Frankie at this point. Take Frankie from the second Penn fight or the third Maynard fight and I think he has a great chance, but that was years ago.

Edgar was at his best on his 2014-2015 run if you ask me, before he got groin and knee surgery.

Just beat the #4 contender... Wait for the title shot... stay active... or maybe 135.

After ten years in the top 5, Frankie just secured another top 10 victory over cub swanson.

I think he needs one more win before fighting for the title at 145lbs, but I wouldn't be against him dropping to 135lbs and fighting for a title there. What do you think is next for Frankie? Moicano, KZ maybe?

ufc-belt-6.jpg

Promises were made!! He is a living legend!! If anybody in the UFC deserves something, it's this guy!!

giphy.gif

2.gif

2aj6tjo.jpg

EdgarKOsMaynard.gif

Last edited:
Back