Frankie Edgar's longtime coach Mark Henry eyes Bantamweight next

Frankie's not 40 and it's not like he's dropped 4 in a row, I don't understand all the calls for him to call it a career.

If he still wants to compete I definitely wouldn't mind him bringing something new to the top of the BW scene.

i bet frankie fights at 135 and says "i shoulda been fighting at 135 all along"

Frankie's not 40 and it's not like he's dropped 4 in a row, I don't understand all the calls for him to call it a career.

If he still wants to compete I definitely wouldn't mind him bringing something new to the top of the BW scene.
Just because it's heartbreak to see him lose.

For the record, i do want to see him at 135 - after he's had time to get back his bearings of course, nothing rushed - and want him to keep fighting "till the wheels come off".
Frankie vs TJ is the stuff of sweet dreams - Frankie vs Cruz the stuff of evil dreams...
I want this.

Lol people acting like frankie is done now because he lost. Do people forget what he did to his opponent in his fight previous to his last one? The dude looked like a killer.

Bantamweights are even faster than featherweights. Ortega is pretty slow and he managed to catch Edgar. I don't think 135 is a good move for him. Maybe 5 years ago, but not now.

Edgar gets beaten by Garbrandt, TJ and Cruz.
Anybody who thinks otherwise is simply a fanboy. Hell, even Rivera would probably beat him at this point.
Cruz vs Frankie would be a jab fest with both moving around but not committing.

not sure if 135 is a good idea, but let's see

Having beat BJ Penn 3 times, he should know better than anyone the horrors of sticking it out too long... id like to see him retire or maybe fight cruz in a final fight
Good point. Although fighting is his livelihood and there is plenty more money for him to make in it

I kinda hate the idea of him chasing down weight classes, it usually doesn't end well. On the other hand, if anyone can pull something like that off it's Frankie. The guy barely cut any weight for most of his career, and if he can make 135 he will be a nightmare for everyone down there.

It showed in the Ortega fight, Frankie isn’t as fast as he once was. And at 135, speed is even more of a factor than 145. TJ and Cody are too fast for him at this stage I think. Him vs Dom for a final farewell fight would be great though.

It showed in the Ortega fight, Frankie isn’t as fast as he once was. And at 135, speed is even more of a factor than 145. TJ and Cody are too fast for him at this stage I think. Him vs Dom for a final farewell fight would be great though.

I thought Frankie looked great, he was clearly winning the round up until the elbow.

I thought Frankie looked great, he was clearly winning the round up until the elbow.

Didn’t say he wasn’t still doing well, but i thought he looked slower and aged in the octagon compared to when he fought Yair. It was a year later granted but, I just didn’t think he looked quite as fast.

Werdum aged between fights too and it showed last night. It happens to everyone at some point, the fact that Frankie was able to last for a decade as a top 3 in those weight classes is just ridiculous on its own. I know he has losses, I know he wasn’t the best at 145, but, his career as a whole is one of the greatest in MMA history. He doesn’t have shit left to prove imo but, if he wants to go down to 135 and fight, I’ll still support him. Just think he doesn’t have to, he’s a legend already.

Frankie Edgar's longtime FAN, YEGUIZA eyes RETIREMENT next

Call it a career Edgar you’ve nothing left to prove

But there's more money for him to make. He said that to Schaub in an interview before the last ppv that he doesn't plan to retire in the immediate future because he wants to make some more money to ensure his family is set. Gotta respect that. That was his first ko loss in a long career. Not like he's getting dropped and stopped left and right. Still good fights for him to have.

Good move, imo.

Does he beat the likes of Cody and TJ? I don't know. But (i) there ain't much left for him at 145, and (ii) Dominick vs. Frankie is a dream matchup.
They would dance all night and occasionally engage.

Back