Frankie Edgar is a legend but... whats his legacy?

BJ Penn QUIT. He didn't answer the bell. He should never be the best anything on anybody's list.

Other fighters don't even have the balls to sign on the dotted line against the goat of the weightclass above. Why should he be punished for the courage to do what other fighters won't even attempt?

The word legacy needs to be suspended on this forum until people learn to use it sparingly.

His legacy is the greatest fight of all time(Maynard III), incredible toughness and the destroying of BJ.

His legacy?

- someone that barely cuts weight and was never scared to fight bigger dudes. Can be elite in 2 or possibly 3 weight classes

-one of the most well-rounded fighters we have ever seen

- legendary chin, recovery and heart

- His comebacks versus Gray Maynard

- the man that ended Penn's bloody title reign

- lost a very controversial fight to Bendo. Many thought he won

- defeated good fighters like Mendes, Faber, Cub, Oliviera, Sherk, Franca, Jim Miller, Tyson Griffin, Spencer Fisher. Absolutely smashed the hype train of Yair Rodriguez who was like 11 years younger than him.

- one of the greatest fighters we have ever seen
Amen!

I think of him as a fighter who maximized his talent.

not that big. not a lot of natural power. but he used insane cardio, tremendous heart, and very well rounded skills to create a style that made him a champ

Frankie, imo, is second just behind BJ as the best lightweight ever... He has some losses and some fights that he took big punishment, but never was stopped. He has amazing wrestling and is a great fighter overall...

Whats his legacy, specialy if he beats Holloway for the FW title?

Fantastic fighter and one of the greats. I still believe that Conor dodged and wanted no part fighting Frankie. Conor would get driven to the mat instantly and he knows it's a terrible match up for him

There records at 155 are pretty even penn 11-3-1 Frankie 15-3-1 with fairly equal level of comp.
Penn has that Takanori Gomi win, but being 0-2 in head to head vs Frankie always left me wondering how Penn was better than Frankie. I thought people fought to see who was better.
Exactly

Edgar will always be a better legacy than penn

Frankie is and was a beast... will go down as one of the greatest fighters of his era... as for a signature win... gotta be the BJ Penn fights... his three fights with Maynard were great.. the last two, were wars... and took their toll on Gray.. Looking forward to Frankie vs Max, I think it will be an awesome fight to watch.

I see him as a natural bantamweight who won and defended the lightweight belt and dominated at featherweight other than against the GOAT ever in that division. P4P best of all time. Who's mad?

Great fighter, but not everyone can be a "legend". Maybe if he captures the title now and defends it a couple of times in a row.

Back