Frankie Edgar is a legend but... whats his legacy?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Frankie, imo, is second just behind BJ as the best lightweight ever... He has some losses and some fights that he took big punishment, but never was stopped. He has amazing wrestling and is a great fighter overall...

Whats his legacy, specialy if he beats Holloway for the FW title?

The guy that got leapfrogged to the jackpot by Denis Siver.

Last edited:
His legacy?

- someone that barely cuts weight and was never scared to fight bigger dudes. Can be elite in 2 or possibly 3 weight classes

-one of the most well-rounded fighters we have ever seen

- legendary chin, recovery and heart

- His comebacks versus Gray Maynard

- the man that ended Penn's bloody title reign

- lost a very controversial fight to Bendo. Many thought he won

- defeated good fighters like Mendes, Faber, Cub, Oliviera, Sherk, Franca, Jim Miller, Tyson Griffin, Spencer Fisher. Absolutely smashed the hype train of Yair Rodriguez who was like 11 years younger than him.

- one of the greatest fighters we have ever seen

Last edited:
Definitely one of the greats, and the only reason why he is not on the GOAT discussion lives in Brazil and was ktfo in 13 seconds.

He's one of the best to do it. He fights guys way bigger and puts on exciting fights. He never quits, ever.

I hope he tries his luck at 135lbs before retiring because he could be a mother fucker at that weight.

His ability to recover after insane punishment is ridiclous. All time favorite and still to this day, I feel like he should have got the nod over Benson.

Goat
Fight against Gray

If you disagree you clearly didn't watch it

One of the best to ever do it. Fought bigger guys his entire career and basically beat everybody he fought except Aldo.

Beating BJ Penn in his prime x2, being one of only 4 UFC champions to beat Sherk, made an epic trilogy with Gray Maynard, a fighter that can be a problem for anyone due to his good boxing, wrestling/ground game, iron chin. Frankie is a beast for certain and has proved he is one of the best.

frankie is absolutely incredible.if he beats max, top ten all time.

I've never thought Frankie would lose a fight, but some opponents worry me more than other. Max worries me most. You can't even base it off where Max was last fight because he is getting a lot better every single fight, and it is hard to assume that has stopped.

Still Holloway isn't unbeatable and I think frankie can put him down often enough to stop him from getting a lot going.

He has a beautiful legacy

His resume at LW is Miller, BJx2, Griffin, Bocek, Sherk, Maynard and Franca. Not quite in the running for GOAT LW imo.

A fighter's fighter. A legend. Frankie never ducked anybody. He doesn't know how. UFC hall of famer. Great guy. Intelligent. Never said a bad word about anybody. Family man. Company man. Frankie Edgar embodies everything that is right about MMA.

Frankie, imo, is second just behind BJ as the best lightweight ever... He has some losses and some fights that he took big punishment, but never was stopped. He has amazing wrestling and is a great fighter overall...

There records at 155 are pretty even penn 11-3-1 Frankie 15-3-1 with fairly equal level of comp.
Penn has that Takanori Gomi win, but being 0-2 in head to head vs Frankie always left me wondering how Penn was better than Frankie. I thought people fought to see who was better.

BJ quit versus GSP. He is not best ever anything. Tony Ferguson has 10 consecutive wins.

Frankie beat BJ so how can he be behind somebody he beat. Plus, Frankie lost to a 145 guy, so how can he be best LW?

What is it so hard for fanboys to be in love with a fighter, without losing perspective? LOL

Look at the record. He is not the best anything.

His resume at LW is Miller, BJx2, Griffin, Bocek, Sherk, Maynard and Franca. Not quite in the running for GOAT LW imo.

Fights w bendo have to be taken in context and be given proper weight when evaluating legacies. A close and disputed decision loss should not be put into a pile with violent KTFO losses and losses where a guy was outclassed.

BJ quit versus GSP. He is not best ever anything. Tony Ferguson has 10 consecutive wins.

Frankie beat BJ so how can he be behind somebody he beat. Plus, Frankie lost to a 145 guy, so how can he be best LW?

What is it so hard for fanboys to be in love with a fighter, without losing perspective? LOL

Look at the record. He is not the best anything.

He beat the shit out of gsp in their first fight and lost a disputed decision.
Bj went up in weight to face the goats in the ww division TWICE, one of which he one.

How many other fighters tried to do that? We know what gsp said when he
Was asked to go up and face the goat of mw....

He beat the shit out of gsp in their first fight and lost a disputed decision.
Bj went up in weight to face the goats in the ww division TWICE, one of which he one.

How many other fighters tried to do that? We know what gsp said when he
Was asked to go up and face the goat of mw....
BJ Penn QUIT. He didn't answer the bell. He should never be the best anything on anybody's list.

His legacy?

- someone that barely cuts weight and was never scared to fight bigger dudes. Can be elite in 2 or possibly 3 weight classes

-one of the most well-rounded fighters we have ever seen

- legendary chin, recovery and heart

- His comebacks versus Gray Maynard

- the man that ended Penn's bloody title reign

- lost a very controversial fight to Bendo. Many thought he won

- defeated good fighters like Mendes, Faber, Cub, Oliviera, Sherk, Franca, Jim Miller, Tyson Griffin, Spencer Fisher. Absolutely smashed the hype train of Yair Rodriguez who was like 11 years younger than him.

- one of the greatest fighters we have ever seen

damn straight. Frankie's legacy is pretty fucking secure

He's already cemented his legacy as one of the all time great, but if he beats Holloway it would be him in the top 8 or so for me.

I'd have a few ahead of him as best Lightweight but he is one of the best to ever fight just because he's realistically a Bantamweight who won the 155 belt.

He should have gone down to 135 but I think he's just too proud.

Wins over BJ Penn, Gray Maynard, Sean Sherk, Chad Mendes, Urijah Faber, Cub Swanson, Charles Oliveira.

Frankie's no joke.

In saying that, I think Holloway will be the first to stop him.

Back