Frankie Edgar declined Interim bout with Stephens

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

{<huh}

How was he ready for Max, but not for stephens?

Makes it look like either ducking stephens or was bluffing about stepping in for max and got called on that bluff.

Maybe his manager got ahead of himself saying he would take it... because this is unusual coming from Frankie.

I dont know. How do you guys see it?

EDIT: Seems like his scumbag managers doings indeed

Last edited:
Maybe he wanted it for an interim belt and that’s not what they were offering?

So much misinformation flying around and rumors, that no one knows what's going on.

Damn - so much for being ready to step in.

Why bother saying you will be ready if yer not? This is becoming all to common to dismiss...

And it was for the Interim belt too!

Cant ask for ma better fucking perfect storm!

Edgar has already beaten Stephens, and it is not like Edgar to duck anybody anywhere.

This dude fought at his walk around weight of 155 and was champion... including dethroning Prime GOAT BJ Penn...

100% some other issue at hand here

Good, that would have been extremely stupid.

No need for another interim belt - especially one that doesn't even involve the #1 contender.

Good, it was an idiotic rematch that made absolutely no sense.

Plus, they seriously think Stephen’s can make weight? That’s laughable.

VSWW2s1.jpg

Either Frankie was never told about this or his reason for not fighting is a personal one. Frankie isn't afraid of Stephens.

<36> from now on his manager needs to stop speaking before anythings official

Doesn't add up.

Frankie can't make weight, yet Stephens can?

I'll wait for Frankie to comment on it.

Max pulled out against Ortega. Ortega denied Frankie fight. Frankie denied Stephens.

I guess it's a "blessed era".

#ConorBless

Stephens vs Aldo for interim then!

<36>

Stop giving Edgar title shots... He is a "pecho frio"

Good. No need for yet another interim belt.

Edgar vs. Ortega makes some sense because Ortega was a late replacement for Edgar after Holloway got injured for their fight. But Edgar/Stephens just seems silly.

Damn - so much for being ready to step in.

Why bother saying you will be ready if yer not? This is becoming all to common to dismiss...

And it was for the Interim belt too!

Cant ask for ma better fucking perfect storm!

You could ask Alvarez the same fucking thing for the Tony vs Khabib fight. His stupid videos he posts about him being the best match up for Khabib, the fans know it, bla bla bla... I'll be ready in case one of them can't go. Then Tony trips over a wire, and Eddie says he can't do it. These guys are in the game of self promotion since the UFC doesn't do anything for them. I guess poppin' off at the mouth is where it's at for these guys... but ya know where I'm from, people like that get slapped.

Back