Frank Shamrock with modern MMA training

wrestlefan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
How would he do?

Remember this guy beat the fuck out of prime Tito.

He would fail every drug test, so would never fight.

Man Frank was the man. Very likable guy, well spoken. Him and Chris Lytle are among the most universally loved legends in MMA.

He laid the groundwork for modern MMA training, so I think he'd be pretty impressive just based off of his brain alone.

I'd imagine he would fight at WW? Would be interesting, considering how well he did against LHW's and some HW's.

He did everything well for his era so pick a fighter from this era who does everything well. Someone like Frank Edgar who has good standing and ground skills.

Not sure if he'd be a contender. He'd look waay skinnier thats for sure

How would he do?

Remember this guy beat the fuck out of prime Tito.
Well that wouldn't be frank shamrock
This...

Who can forget Franks all in 1 MMA training tool?!

shamrock-ball.jpg

P.S. rewatch that match. Tito actually beat the crap out of him and Frank reached back into god knows what at the last seconds, as Tito gassed. Pretty epic but i wouldnt say Frank was the primary aggressor in that match...

lmao these threads never fail to satisfy

Franks training was very modern

He was doing calisthenics and flexibility exercises before anyone, high level conditioning too

Incredible athlete, very well rounded and mostly very clever. He would adapt just fine

He is definitely one of the most under appreciated fighters ever. Shame he has been practically erased from the UFC

Would be a top 3 MW. Would have had a good fight against Anderson back in Anderson's prime, likely losing. Today he would struggle with Rockhold/Romero/Whittaker but could beat the rest of the division.

Him vs GSP at middleweight would be a really interesting fight.

Frank was the first well rounded, modern style fighter iirc

Frank Shamrock IS the(one of) pioneer for modern MMA training.

If he was prime he’d kick ass

This...

Who can forget Franks all in 1 MMA training tool?!

shamrock-ball.jpg

P.S. rewatch that match. Tito actually beat the crap out of him and Frank reached back into god knows what at the last seconds, as Tito gassed. Pretty epic but i wouldnt say Frank was the primary aggressor in that match...

Let's not forget Tito had about 40 pounds on him for that fight...

IweEVWs.jpg

Back