Frank Mur is about to be the one who KO’d Fedor, Nogueira and Cro Cop

Nah...Nog clearly acknowledged the ref's (BS) warning and then immediately changed his strategy.

LOL "clearly". Okay. For a guy who would seek out the sub whenever possible in his career (even when he was having success striking or with gnp), we should just take your word for that THIS TIME he did it due to the ref telling him to watch the back of the head. Sure, okay buddy.

The really funny part is people trying to get away with throwing Nog in there as "past his prime" when Mir beat him the first time.

Nog was 7-1 in his prior 8 fights to that one between Pride and the UFC. His only loss a decision to Barnett, that he immediately avenged in his next fight. Other wins in those 7 fights included Werdum, Herring, Sylvia. Nog was 31 years old at the time of the first Mir fight too.

Revisionist history alive and well here it seems...

LOL "clearly". Okay. For a guy who would seek out the sub whenever possible in his career (even when he was having success striking or with gnp), we should just take your word for that THIS TIME he did it due to the ref telling him to watch the back of the head. Sure, okay buddy.

Schaub

And he ABSOLUTELY looked at the ref when he got that warning--- for fouls that didn't occur. He went for the sub IMMEDIATELY after.

Congrats, you found a TKO win. He has 21 sub wins and 3 KO/TKO wins in his career. If you've actually watched him since...well...forever you'd know he was always looking to finish via sub when possible.

Congrats, you found a TKO win. He has 21 sub wins and 3 KO/TKO wins in his career. If you've actually watched him since...well...forever you'd know he was always looking to finish via sub when possible.

Damn you got in before I could even edit.

He looked at the ref in shock, then switched strategy IMMEDIATELY.

Watch it again.

Damn you got in before I could even edit.

He looked at the ref in shock, then switched strategy IMMEDIATELY.

Watch it again.

LOL you are literally just making shit up. I just rewatched it (again, for probably the 10th time) to make sure before replying. Nog doesn't even turn his head to look at Herb Dean. There is literally NO evident reaction. He sees Mir's neck, and does what he's done throughout his career, look to finish by sub.

Again, 21 sub wins and 3 TKO's. Just give this nonsense up, it's silly.

LOL you are literally just making shit up. I just rewatched it (again, for probably the 10th time) to make sure before replying. Nog doesn't even turn his head to look at Herb Dean. There is literally NO evident reaction. He sees Mir's neck, and does what he's done throughout his career, look to finish by sub.

Again, 21 sub wins and 3 TKO's. Just give this nonsense up, it's silly.

What was Pe De Pano's tko rate again?

Nog had him dead to rights. Herb Dean won that fight.

And you must acknowledge, NONE of those shots were illegal. And thus, no warning should've been given.

You know you didn't rewatch anything lol.

What was Pe De Pano's tko rate again?

Nog had him dead to rights. Herb Dean won that fight.

And you must acknowledge, NONE of those shots were illegal.

Pe De Pano???? LOL you are using a guy who had ONE pro fight prior to his fight with Mir as some sort of comparison or something here to Nog? Good God man...

Please, go rewatch Nog's career. Pride and the UFC. His M.O. has been to look to finish by sub throughout his career.

Herb Dean won nothing, and no amount of you wishing it so makes it true. There were a couple shots that were borderline, but still probably legal. Refs (not just Dean, all refs) will inform a fighter if they are throwing shots that are borderline to just be aware of it. This happens ALL THE TIME. "Watch the back of the head!" It doesn't mean stop punching, it just means be cognizant that you are either throwing illegal shots, or you are extremely close to doing it or right on the edge if it's tough for the ref to know 100%.

Stop grasping at straws here. It's a bit pathetic. Nog had an amazing career. He doesn't need you making up stuff to try to white knight for him.

Pe De Pano???? LOL you are using a guy who had ONE pro fight prior to his fight with Mir as some sort of comparison or something here to Nog? Good God man...

Please, go rewatch Nog's career. Pride and the UFC. His M.O. has been to look to finish by sub throughout his career.

Herb Dean won nothing, and no amount of you wishing it so makes it true. There were a couple shots that were borderline, but still probably legal. Refs (not just Dean, all refs) will inform a fighter if they are throwing shots that are borderline to just be aware of it. This happens ALL THE TIME. "Watch the back of the head!" It doesn't mean stop punching, it just means be cognizant that you are either throwing illegal shots, or you are extremely close to doing it or right on the edge if it's tough for the ref to know 100%.

Stop grasping at straws here. It's a bit pathetic. Nog had an amazing career. He doesn't need you making up stuff to try to white knight for him.

He's said the same.

Fact: If Herb Dean keeps his dumbass mouth shut, Nog wins like 3 seconds later.

He's said the same.

Yeah, because guys never come up with stuff like that after losses.

Sigh...it's all good. You've convinced yourself that a ridiculous premise is true, nothing I say is gonna matter. It's harmless, you can believe it if it makes you feel better. It's inconsequential anyway.

If Frank wins this is a huge accomplishment having beaten the big 3 heavyweights from pride.
But Fedor is in the same boat with his wins over AA and Tim Silvia.
So this is the most important hw fight ever?

Sigh...it's all good. You've convinced yourself that a ridiculous premise is true, nothing I say is gonna matter. It's harmless, you can believe it if it makes you feel better. It's inconsequential anyway.

Whatever...agree to disagree...mir totally deserves credit for outgrappling him, with a jarred brain no less.

Who cares. All 3 destroy him in their primes.
Lol

"Who cares if you can beat my ass right now, I would have beaten your ass 10 years ago, that's what really matters!"

Yeah, no. What matters is who would beat who NOW.

Lol

"Who cares if you can beat my ass right now, I would have beaten your ass 10 years ago, that's what really matters!"

Yeah, no. What matters is who would beat who NOW.

you're retarded if you really think this..

He got Nog and Crocop when those two were in slumps. He can be good, but I don't think he beats them 100% of the time if they faced each other multiple times.

Frank Mir is currently 38 years old.

Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira is currently 41 years old.

Frank Mir is 2-0 against Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira.

At the beginning of UFC 92, Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira was riding a 3-fight winning streak.

At UFC 92, Frank Mir stopped Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira.

At the beginning of UFC 140, Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira was riding a 1-fight winning streak.

At UFC 140, Frank Mir stopped Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira.

Not the same fighters they used to be, not even close. Imagine Mir vs Crocop in 2005, he'd be a huge underdog, and against Fedor he'd barely have a chance.

Mirko Filipović is currently 43 years old.

Frank Mir is 1-0 against Mirko Filipović.

At the beginning of UFC 119, Mirko Filipović was riding a 2-fight winning streak.

At the beginning of UFC 119, Frank Mir was riding a 1-fight LOSING streak.

At UFC 119, Frank Mir stopped Mirko Filipović.

I'll vo to my grave saying Nog would've tko'd Mir in the remat h had he not stopped punching when the ref told him to watch the back of his head---which he wasn't hitting.

What more do you need?

Do you need Frank Mir to be 5-0 against Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira?

Just stop. Any version of CC and Nog would succumb to the same fate... face down with Mir standing over them. You Pride fans and these mythical “primes” are just hilarious.

UFC 119 took place on September 25, 2010.

On September 25, 2010, Frank Mir was 31 years old.

On September 25, 2010, Mirko Filipović was 36 years old.

At the beginning of UFC 119, Mirko Filipović was riding a 2-fight winning streak.

At the beginning of UFC 119, Frank Mir was riding a 1-fight LOSING streak (which includes losing a billion brain cells against Shane Carwin).

Emphasis on the word LOSSES.

Hypothetically speaking, if Frank Mir was 3-0 against Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira that STILL wouldn't be enough for Pride FC Nazis.

By the way, I have many Pride FC DVDs in my collection but that doesn't mean that I am one of these delusional fans on Sherdog.

Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira is currently 41 years old.

At the beginning of UFC 92, Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira was riding a 3-fight winning streak.

At UFC 92, Frank Mir stopped Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira.

At the beginning of UFC 140, Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira was riding a 1-fight winning streak.

At UFC 140, Frank Mir stopped Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira.

Mirko Filipović is currently 43 years old.

Frank Mir is 1-0 against Mirko Filipović.

At the beginning of UFC 119, Frank Mir was riding a 1-fight LOSING streak.

What more do you need?

Do you need Frank Mir to be 5-0 against Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira?

UFC 119 took place on September 25, 2010.

On September 25, 2010, Frank Mir was 31 years old.

On September 25, 2010, Mirko Filipović was 36 years old.

At the beginning of UFC 119, Frank Mir was riding a 1-fight LOSING streak (which includes losing a billion brain cells against Shane Carwin).

Emphasis on the word LOSSES.

Hypothetically speaking, if Frank Mir was 3-0 against Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira that STILL wouldn't be enough for Pride FC Nazis.

By the way, I have many Pride FC DVDs in my collection but that doesn't mean that I am one of these delusional fans on Sherdog.

Wand was 2-0 against Rampage...both violent stoppages.

I'm the farthest thing from a Pride Nazi.

I have niether Nog nor Fedor in top 3 HW GOAT. (Stipe, Cain, JDS).

Nog TKO'S Mir in the rematch if Dean stays quiet.

Last edited:
Pretty remarkable
Him and Fedor are past their prime but still, Frank is much better standing and better on the ground.

It can def happen and Frank is seriously such an underrated champ. He had many flaws but when he got you in a spot to finish he was/is violent. He has a lot of losses but for a guy who's beaten Tim Sylvia, Brock Lesnar, Big Nog X2, Kongo, Cro Cop, Roy Nelson, and Bigfoot I feel like he doesn't get enough respect. That's a violent great fighter on the ground and standing.

Who cares. All 3 destroy him in their primes.

People say this shit as if Frank Mir isn't a 38 year old man who's had a brutal motorcycle accident, many fighting injuries and have looked like a shell of himself lately. This is pretty even and fair and they both fought in the same era and both have equally looked like shit.

Pretty remarkable
Him and Fedor are past their prime but still, Frank is much better standing and better on the ground.
You must be a special kind of human.....

Back