Frank Mir wants out of his UFC contract, looking at Bellator.

Really funny that people think you have to go to RIZIN to inject PEDS<45>

It is no problem at all to do it within the UFC and stars like Jones or Romero and countless others
continue to cheat in every possible way. PED testing continues to be more of an intelligence test.
You have to have a good PED experienced team in the background with I would say at least one shady doctor and on you go. Microdosing, HGH, EPO.

Give UFC athletes a biopassport and testing like in cycling at the TDF and you catch many in the rooster again. Its a question of how much money an athlete is willing to invest into shielding himself from positive tests.

Only difference to japan is that there you need less effort to mask it.
The tests are getting way too good in the UFC. They aren't fucking around. USADA is finally catching up to the cheaters. I talked to someone about a year ago who was an athlete (not mma) but he was under USADA testing. Says testing is on point. There are still going to be cheats using designer stuff to fool the testing but that costs several thousands of dollars. Usually it's state sponsored. (Like China will have a lab dedicated to doping their athletes in the Olympics but could pass the tests by wada or USADA.)

How long does Mir left have on his suspension / contract ?

"I want to test stand-up in just a stand-up round, where taking the shot and putting the fight on the ground is not an option. I think that would really test my skills and ability, and make me have to rise to become a better martial artist.”

while i applaud his courage, i also fear for his life.

This is gonna be Nagashima vs Aoki all over again.

Except Mir won't make it out of the kickboxing round.

Lol

Not surprising

That sausage smuggler was given more undeserved chances by the UFC than Randy, BJ and Connor combined and he still wants to shit on them

Same guy who tried to say he popped because a kangaroo he ate must've been on steroids

He should be retired. He called Stann a bad commentator so that makes me question if he should be taking more head shots.

Hopefully MIr doesn't piss off the athletic commissions. He'd be a great commissioner or judge.

Why would the UFC let him go to a direct competitor like Bellator? Maybe WSOF, their stealth company or perhaps Rizin.

“I think that’s a great thing, because the UFC really wants to lock people down and not let you fight, which, if you need to make a name for yourself and you want to be out there, I guess is a sacrifice you have to make.

The fact that testing in Bellator likely cannot detect any amounts of kangaroo meat at all probably helps as well. :p

Hopefully MIr doesn't piss off the athletic commissions. He'd be a great commissioner or judge.

I like Mir but imo he is not qualified for such a position. Maybe if he lays everything on the table how he cheated and since when how much doping he took part. Mir did not only take TRT, he took massive doses. Any official person should be at least open about his own abuse of the system.

Mir is coming to the end of his career and should go where he gets paid best. He put in his dues (and brain cells). Best of luck to him.

Back