Frank Mir wants out of his UFC contract, looking at Bellator.

No shit, huh? 2 KO artists are rising in the division and Mr. Glass jaw wants out? Interesting turn of events.
Yeah he's o transparent, all these years he was content no in the ufc because there were no ko artist in the heavyweight division....

If I'm the UFC I made him fight out his contract. He's not making any title runs but I see no reason in bolstering Bellator's decent HW division with a name like Mir. Fedor/Kongo/Rampage/Mir/King Mo/Lashley/Minakov/Sergei/etc. is a decent division. Yeah they're mainly old stars but that's what most of the UFC HW division is too.
Mir was Sergei would be balls deep. Fedor Mir is a classic that never happened too.....wouldnt be surprised if Mir wins, especially with it being in a cage and all.

"I want to test stand-up in just a stand-up round, where taking the shot and putting the fight on the ground is not an option. I think that would really test my skills and ability, and make me have to rise to become a better martial artist.”

while i applaud his courage, i also fear for his life.

Didn't you see his K1 skills in the Crocop fight? lol

Fedor vs Mir is probably the only fight from the Pride/UFC era that we need to see

I expect the UFC to release him when his suspension is up. You can't reward cheaters by letting them fight out their suspensions in the bush leagues.

Fedor vs Mir would be fun to see for nostalgic reasons.

He beat up Dan Quinn.
He's dead to me

Fedor vs Mir would be a good fight for both guys at this point.

I see Mir going to RIZIN where he can start injecting his ass with all the PED's to make him feel and fight like he's in his 20's again.

Really funny that people think you have to go to RIZIN to inject PEDS<45>

It is no problem at all to do it within the UFC and stars like Jones or Romero and countless others
continue to cheat in every possible way. PED testing continues to be more of an intelligence test.
You have to have a good PED experienced team in the background with I would say at least one shady doctor and on you go. Microdosing, HGH, EPO.

Give UFC athletes a biopassport and testing like in cycling at the TDF and you catch many in the rooster again. Its a question of how much money an athlete is willing to invest into shielding himself from positive tests.

Only difference to japan is that there you need less effort to mask it.

isn't he suspended anyway? maybe he could fight in an overseas promotion. But the UFC might take him to court.

No shit, huh? 2 KO artists are rising in the division and Mr. Glass jaw wants out? Interesting turn of events.

Quite possibly the stupidest post I have ever read in the 14 years I've been here. He's fought JDS, Reem, Hunt, Arlovksi, Bigfoot, the list goes on just in the last few years. Get a grip and show some respect you clown.

Not even a Mir fan, but if anyone has earned a favor it's him. Fought a murderers row, never really heard him complain or saw him pull out of fights. Spent his entire career in the ufc. Just let him go.

Never saw that fight. How did Sims get such an advantageous position in the first place? He wasn't a very good fighter. Makes me wonder if allowing stomps and kicks would increase the likelihood of upsets.

As Rogan mentioned at the time, stomps are illegal because in a cage you can get your head trapped against the fence, exactly as Mir was in that gif. The same isn't true in a ring. Also, ufc fighters aren't training to defend stomps or expecting stomps, since they're illegal. Same as pride fighters being unprepared for elbows when entering the ufc.

When he said exploring other areas , I was sure he meant grappling bouts. But kickboxing?! His chin, speed and athleticism is already down the drain, afraid it won't look if he steps into the ring

UFC has zero issues with bjj and wrestling outside of the UFC. Kickboxing and boxing are different issues.

Also being suspended fucks with your ability to do bouts in the US.

UFC has zero issues with bjj and wrestling outside of the UFC. Kickboxing and boxing are different issues.

Also being suspended fucks with your ability to do bouts in the US.

Yes I am aware of those things, I said it more to point out that I'm flabbergasted that his considering doing kickboxing bouts of any kind.

When he said exploring other areas , I was sure he meant grappling bouts. But kickboxing?! His chin, speed and athleticism is already down the drain, afraid it won't look if he steps into the ring
Not if it's some place where he can get "help" if he so desires

Back