Frank Mir negotiating with Bellator MMA, eyes Fedor Emelianeko heavyweight showdown

Mir is still under United States Anti Doping Agency (USADA) suspension for failing this drug test, and he can not technically compete until April 17, 2018. Furthermore, part of his agreement with UFC in order to get his release was that he would agree not to fight anywhere until his two-year suspension was completely served.

Still, that can’t and won’t stop him from preparing a deal to be in place for his pending return, as he revealed on a recent edition of The MMA Hourthat he is currently negotiating with Bellator MMA and Chechnya’s Absolute Championship Berkut (ACB), with which he often does commentary work for.

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/8/1/1...yes-fedor-emelianeko-heavyweight-showdown-mma

He should fight for ACB that way his USADA thing don't matter. Or Rizin. Fight Fedor there.

I would like to see that fight finally happen.

Mir needs to Roid up and hit the Japanese can crushing circuit.

Ill watch.....Dad-bod belt 2018

I'd watch. I think even with Fedor being a complete shadow of his former best, he still has enough to beat Mir. Fedor avoids being taken down and KO's Mir

Getting an L vs Murr is a career move to make for an aging HW legend, ask Big Nog.

I'd love to see this happen, Fedor vs Mir would have been great years ago but still a fun fight now.

Mir is winning this though. Fedors decline has been much worse. There are very few heavyweights I'd see fedor winning against. He'll I don't even think he would beat Sonnen or Tito

Mir has more ways of winning. Fedor could knock him out for sure because he clearly still has power but if they go to the ground and start scrambling I see Mir submitting Fedor rather easily at this stage of Fedors deteriorated ground game. Mir is no doubt better on the ground and good enough standing to hurt Fedor's deteriorated chin and durability as well. The brain has to stay Mir wins but as Fedor fan for 13 years I must say it would be glorious if Fedor took out Mir.

I would get another boner if Mir choked fedor unconscious!!!

Back