Frank Mir negotiating with Bellator MMA, eyes Fedor Emelianeko heavyweight showdown

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Mir is still under United States Anti Doping Agency (USADA) suspension for failing this drug test, and he can not technically compete until April 17, 2018. Furthermore, part of his agreement with UFC in order to get his release was that he would agree not to fight anywhere until his two-year suspension was completely served.

Still, that can’t and won’t stop him from preparing a deal to be in place for his pending return, as he revealed on a recent edition of The MMA Hourthat he is currently negotiating with Bellator MMA and Chechnya’s Absolute Championship Berkut (ACB), with which he often does commentary work for.

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/8/1/1...yes-fedor-emelianeko-heavyweight-showdown-mma

giphy.gif

so even if he signs with ACB he won't fight until Apr 2018?

Mir about to have wins over:

Nogueira
Cro Cop
Fedor

<5>

Would be cool to see Mir in Bellator. Hope he fights in Rizin as well.

I gotta say I'm really not looking forward to him fighting again.

He'll be 39 and is 2-6 over the last 5-6 years. Two wins coming against a shot Big Foot and whatever is going on with Duffe, either way nothing to write home about. Icing on the cake, 4 of the 6 loses KO's. Writing seems to be on the wall to retire.

It would be a sad, sad day when Mir beats Fedor. Mir has been very good, but stylistically, should have absolutely nothing for Fedor.

Mir wins.

As a fan, I hope Fedor never fights again and definitely not against Mir. Fedor getting a snapped limb at this point in his career would make me really sad.

Get Mir some TRT and he is good to go. I still think he has a few fights left in him.

Fedor has no durability left, and Mir never had any to begin with

Good fight

This is a fight that actually makes sense, as Mir is from Fedor's generation, but I just don't think Fedor has anything left in the tank. The only fights that mattered for Fedor after AA and Tim would have been Barnett, Mir, and Couture IMO.

Mir has more ways of winning. Fedor could knock him out for sure because he clearly still has power but if they go to the ground and start scrambling I see Mir submitting Fedor rather easily at this stage of Fedors deteriorated ground game. Mir is no doubt better on the ground and good enough standing to hurt Fedor's deteriorated chin and durability as well. The brain has to stay Mir wins but as Fedor fan for 13 years I must say it would be glorious if Fedor took out Mir.

I think at this stage Mir beats Fedor. The sad part is everyone will say Fedor is pass his prime, yet they would fail to mention Mir shouldn't even be walking let alone fighting. This is the perfect fight for both of them.

If Mitrione can knock out Fedor then Mir will probably hurt him bad unless Fedor can touch his chin

I think at this stage Mir beats Fedor. The sad part is everyone will say Fedor is pass his prime, yet they would fail to mention Mir shouldn't even be walking let alone fighting. This is the perfect fight for both of them.

I couldn't believe how out of shape Mir looked in his last fight. I wonder if getting off the TRT fucked up his hormones cause he looked so fat in that fight it was weird to see

Good fight for the fans, dumb fight for Mir. Fedor's stock couldn't be much lower, Mir has nothing to gain with a win and looks horrible if he loses.

Back