Frank Mir Confirms: Fedor's chin is shot

"Yeah you know that fat russian guy who KO'd the fuck outta me, leaving me belly down... his chin is shit!"

giphy.gif

the only reason the quotes wouldn't appear anywhere else would be if he gave them an exclusive, but even then, there'd surely be audio or video of the interview
and imo it doesnt read as Frank's words either, too much cursing

personally i think thats what frank would say, i dont remember seeing curse words but the contents. wouldnt surprise me if he thought all what he said

The article is fake.....move along...

Frank got ktfo so whose chin is shot ?

Blatantly fake BS it doesn't even make sense but fedors fighting soon so I fully expect dumb shit like this to come out.

Let's see how Frank's chin holds against Javy ayala lmfao

that's funny coming from Mir whose chin is IMO way more cracked than Fedor's

How the fuck would he know?

He was knocked out in about a minute by the same guy.

Seems bitter

the only reason the quotes wouldn't appear anywhere else would be if he gave them an exclusive, but even then, there'd surely be audio or video of the interview
and imo it doesnt read as Frank's words either, too much cursing

depends how many strawberries he's had

To me its clear Fedors chin has deteriorated. This is a guy who has never been knocked down in nearly 40 fights.

Fast forward to today and hes been floored by punches in 3 of his last 4 bouts. Maybe his chin isnt shot, shot but its definitely deteriorated.

Prime Fedor would have walked right through that shitty check hook from Mitrione. Todays Fedor got floored and couldnt recover fast enough and got finished.

Same with those shitty Mir punches that floored him early. Fedor isnt getting rocked by those shots in his prime.

If it was that shitty then Fedor would've been knocked out.

This whole thing about shot chins can't even be proven scientifically, and even if so, how do you measure just how shot a fighters chin is?

People talk about chin but I think it has to do more with the brain learning to shut off when there is a significant impact

Rogan had a neuroscientist on his podcast once who explained how the brain is stabilized by connective tissues between it and the skull. Concussions can tear those tissues and if they're not allowed to heal the brain will rattle around in there a lot more on impact.

Obviously Fedor's chin isn't what it once was.

It does amaze me though that Frank Mir has talked crap about Fedor for years, he fights him and doesn't even last a minute, then starts talking crap about him again. Lesnar beat on Mir all day before stopping him, Fedor put him out with 1 or 2 punches.

Humble brag here but this reminds of a guy I submitted in an ammy fight who started giving me advice on how to pass half guard after our fight

Humble brag here but this reminds of a guy I submitted in an ammy fight who started giving me advice on how to pass half guard after our fight

Did you try and fail to pass his half guard during the fight? If not that is funny.

Same thing happened to me at a chess tournament years ago, i beat a guy in the first round and then him and his friends explained to me how he was on to high of a level so he could not take me seriously.

Edit: and i suck at that game.

Bingo. I know this from experience. The brain will only let you take so much before it's in auto-defense.
Nah - I suspect that human brain is being held by certain membranes in one's head - it's those membranes that lose connections over time - if you get hit numerous times. Once they are gone, your brain moves in your head like jelly - when that happens, even a medium punch to the head can lead to a KO.

Did you try and fail to pass his half guard during the fight? If not that is funny.

Same thing happened to me at a chess tournament years ago, i beat a guy in the first round and then him and his friends explained to me how he was on to high of a level so he could not take me seriously.

Edit: and i suck at that game.
I tried to pass but he had a lockdown which was hard to break. In straight grappling it is easier to deal with as there no strikes to worry about nor the consequences of losing position. So I just punched him until he opened half guard. I think thats why he thought I needed his 'advice'. But thats the great thing equalizer about top half guard in a fight, you can just sit heavy and swing away

Last edited:
Back