Frank Bruno vs Bonecrusher

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With the good HW fight this place weekend, I been going back and rewatching some old HW fights that people forgot about and Dam this was good fight. Bonecrusher moves well for a 6'4 guy. Smooth like Fury, wonder what Bone would have been like if he didnt get a late start.

I recommend for anyone who might not have seen and dont look up who won. Just watch and enjoy.

1 of the first fights I remember watching. Big frank got schooled

1 of the first fights I remember watching. Big frank got schooled

I dont think he was completey out of the fight cause he was dropping bombs on Bone and Bone was taking them. I think he just was depending on his power too much and just kept depending on his jab to set it up but oncr Bone starting slipping the Jab and got on the inside Frank couldnt get him off of him. Bone was throwing nicr combos from the inside. He can tur his punches in close for being so tall and lanky.

I wonder how either guy would do today

They looked so much more agile and skilled then the guys fighting this past weekend.

Boxing would benefit from a heavyweight and super heavyweight split.

Try and wake up? Sounds like life isn't ideal.

I dont think he was completey out of the fight cause he was dropping bombs on Bone and Bone was taking them. I think he just was depending on his power too much and just kept depending on his jab to set it up but oncr Bone starting slipping the Jab and got on the inside Frank couldnt get him off of him. Bone was throwing nicr combos from the inside. He can tur his punches in close for being so tall and lanky.

The fight wasn't too dissimilar to Bruno vs Witherspoon. Big frank had some success early, but ultimately couldn't get them out of there and got knocked out!
I think bone crusher smith would've been a top HW today. Not so sure about Bruno. The main advantage of the modern heavies is their size

They looked so much more agile and skilled then the guys fighting this past weekend.

Boxing would benefit from a heavyweight and super heavyweight split.

No way, certainly not Big Frank. He only moved straight in and out and had zero head movement. Joshua showed pretty good head movement especially against Wlads left hook which he ducked successfully many times. Bonecrusher was decent though no doubt.

qr5kG.gif

Back