Francois Botha c level boxer or b?

Ilovepizza

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what do you guys think? imo he is a B level (i like him) boxer.

C level fighter with A level entertainment. He was fun to watch but not very skilled at all.

he was pretty good, good enough to dominate Tyson until mike pulled the trigger. (ya, I know he was rusty as fuck, no matter, a journeyman woulda been outta there sooner).

Ok I still don't why he got a title shot against Lennox Lewis.

In his era I'd rate him closer to C level. In this current era he'd probably be B level. He put on a lot of fun fights.

He was weird. He was more effective than his style suggested he would/could be. Physically didn't look in great shape and movements looked clumsy and sloppy at times, and yet got the job done against decent journeymen and fringe contender type fighters and hung in for a bit with some world class talent. Just about a B level fighter.

He had no right to be in the ring with Lewis and Wlad.

First time I saw him was against Mike Hunter.

I had Hunter winning.

Ok I still don't why he got a title shot against Lennox Lewis.

I think it was a vulantary defence from Lewis and he wanted a gimme in front of his own countries fans, a homecoming of sorts after he won the undisputed title

If he fought in Championship fighs , had belts and fought as #1 contender then he was A level, World Class.

If he fought in Championship fighs , had belts and fought as #1 contender then he was A level, World Class.
ya, people don't see it like that though, especially when it comes to some of the white fighters of the past. george chuvalo and jerry quarry were good tough fighters but to read about them and guys like Cooney, they were jokes. Chuvalo once complained about the "heavybag with eyes" label he got and said he was never called that until after the ali fight, a fight which ali called his most competitive up to that point. I remember meeting boone Kirkman, one of the lesser of the white hopes, fought ken norton and george foreman, struck by how huge he was, and how good of shape he was still in at the time and he had great technique, he showed me the proper textbook way to throw the left hook, he was a good fighter, I think he beat jimmy ellis who was a champion in those years.

He was never a number 1 contender though. He got a title shot with Lennox Lewis because his fight with John Ruiz fell through.

Back