Francisco Vargas faces Rod Salka on April 12 on ESPN

Salka did OK for a few rounds. He just doesn't have the firepower to beat a top level fighter. Reminds me a lot of Joey Gamache.
Yeah I remember making that comparison of Gamache/Gatti when Salka fought the bigger Danny Garcia

the hell was Salka wearing LOL
Really bad taste considering he was fighting a Mexican who makes a living fighting in America

He wanted to get a reaction out of Vargas I guess, and it worked

"I was surprised when (Salka) was coming to the ring. I saw him dressed with a wall on his clothes, but I kept calm. I was focused on making my fight and on my plan," Vargas said to ESPN Deportes.

"Once we were already in the ring, the wall was an extra ingredient [for my motivation to win], so I gave it everything. Whatever it is I represent Mexico and I feel that wall is against all my countrymen."

Salka wore "America 1st" Trunks with a wall pattern, Lol. What a dipshit.

Makes me feel better about this:

garcia1.gif

One hell of a satisfying ass whooping.

Salka wore "America 1st" Trunks with a wall pattern, Lol. What a dipshit.

I had missed the fight, but someone had posted it in the You Laugh You Lose thread... Dunno how he even got that idea, did he actually think he would be Vargas, and somehow NOT look like a jackass? Was very satisfying, haha

I had missed the fight, but someone had posted it in the You Laugh You Lose thread... Dunno how he even got that idea, did he actually think he would be Vargas, and somehow NOT look like a jackass? Was very satisfying, haha

For a guy who wants to make his living in boxing, going out of his way to alienate Mexican fans is probably to stupidest move he could make. Plus, I agree he had to know that Vargas was going to beat his ass badly, just being a much better fighter. What a clown.

Back