News Francis Ngannou turned down Apple Inc. fight league offer [UPDATE]

I think at some point a promoter's ego forces them to deliver some nonsense-babble about Francis being unreasonable or not aligning with the promotion or whatever else.

Otherwise, I've honestly got no idea why they do it.

I think they just can't avoid the urge to say "it wasn't our fault, we did everything right, it's just that _____".
The vibe I get is Francis demands are so insane, they just can't walk away without some sort of passive aggressive dig. That's very much how this feels.

ONE Championship leader, Chatri Sityodtong has today claimed that former undisputed UFC heavyweight champion, Francis Ngannou rejected a cool $20,000,000 offer to sign with the Singapore-based mixed martial arts promotion – claiming to the Batié native, “the money wasn’t enough”.

Source: https://www.lowkickmma.com/francis-ngannou-20million-one-championship-ufc/
this excerpt from that article seems like if factual Francis is telling TALL tales...

"
Francis Ngannou already struck prior verbal agreement
In further developments last night, Francis Ngannou claimed that prior to his three-hour-plus meeting with ONE Championship over the weekend, he had already struck a verbal agreement with an undisclosed promotion ahead of an expected deal, potentially as soon as this week."

If he has a verbal agreement with another org... why did he spend 3 hours talking to One?
I wonder how many fights the One deal was for?

images

"Hmmm Apple League, Not a bad idea.. IMac , MacBook Pro..."

Apple ain't fucking around with unprofitable shit businesses.

Back