Francis Ngannou or George Foreman, who hits harder?

Artur Beterbiev was measured in a fight as punching at 953 lbs of force by a PSI detector in his glove....and until somwbody actually is measured hitting their opponent with something while they're in an actual fight
i'll take that.....since hes hitting a moving target and not a stationary object

<mma4>
Beterbiev is a freaking monster.
Can't wait for his next fight.
Hoping Vs Kovalev soon.

2cd2698c970d005014fa075b6d0189e6--george-foreman-combat-sports.jpg

Foreman is pretty old now so I have to put my money on Ngannou
Honestly, I would still put my money on Foreman even today.
And people, please stop mentioning Tyson whenever "hardest puncher" threads come up. He's not even in the top 50 and everyone that knows anything about boxing already knows this.
If you're interested in watching a legit hard puncher (weight classes aside) please look up Julian Jackson on YouTube. In regards to that "Oh My God I Think He's Dead" kind of power he is in a class by himself.

I always thought it was Tyson to be honest

tumblr_nunsp4tden1ueqjtbo1_400.gif

spinksgif.gif

This uppercut reminds me of Ngannou vs Overeem

tumblr_mrhibvZ1s21sa24tdo1_400.gif

Holy field fought Tyson and 45 year old foreman and said foreman hit harder. But he might just be bitter about Tyson biting his ear off.

Both Tyson and foreman hit harder than Ngannou in my opinion

Ernie Shavers or Julian Jackson.

Shavers is the hardest hitting man that ever lived according to most boxers who got hit by him but yea, Julian Jackson had a sick whip on the end of his punch that decapitated people.

I thought the McGregor/Mayweather fight would have put to bed any debate or doubt people had about the difference in punching power between boxers and MMA fighters.

Boxers hit harder and it's not even close
Have I missed something? How did that fight prove boxer hit harder? McGregor was fatigued, not ko?

I thought the McGregor/Mayweather fight would have put to bed any debate or doubt people had about the difference in punching power between boxers and MMA fighters.

Boxers hit harder and it's not even close

Nah Conor was not KO'ed just overwhelmed by a much better boxer. But yeah I agree boxers hit much harder because that's what they specialize in.

Have I missed something? How did that fight prove boxer hit harder? McGregor was fatigued, not ko?

By MMA standards Conor McGregor is classed as a big puncher, or at least a dangerous one with 18 of his 21 wins coming via KO/TKO. But in a boxing ring with Mayweather it was apparent that his punching power wasn't even average, it was actually poor and that was from the very start when he was still fresh. 149lb Mayweather, who by boxing standards is not classed as a big puncher at all, was clearly the bigger puncher of the two.

This also wasn't down to the stance, the gloves, the ring or any of that, it's simply about levels.

The gloves also make the punches you can throw rather different, MMA fighters are able to get away with throwing more looping shots from maximum power than would be more likely to be blocked by a tighter boxing guard with big gloves.

Its also partly about the way it looks isn't it? I mean Tim Sylvia had massive power when he landed clean but it generally didn't look devastating, the same with Lennox Lewis.
True! The clean precision shots that knock people out the easiest don't always have that "wind up" wow factor.

By MMA standards Conor McGregor is classed as a big puncher, or at least a dangerous one with 18 of his 21 wins coming via KO/TKO. But in a boxing ring with Mayweather it was apparent that his punching power wasn't even average, it was actually poor and that was from the very start when he was still fresh. 149lb Mayweather, who by boxing standards is not classed as a big puncher at all, was clearly the bigger puncher of the two.

This also wasn't down to the stance, the gloves, the ring or any of that, it's simply about levels.

Floyd wasn't even bothered by McGregor's punches.

Either boxers are harder punchers than MMA fighters, or boxers just have better chins.

Foreman. He'd crumble Ngannou like a beach towel.

Floyd wasn't even bothered by McGregor's punches.

Either boxers are harder punchers than MMA fighters, or boxers just have better chins.
In my experience, both. Boxing with both boxers & MMA fighters, the MMA guys tend to break easier. I think it's due to them just not being as used to being punched as often, as well as them not having as much boxing experience. So they don't know how to survive in a boxing match as well.

Same way a boxer wouldn't know the little tricks to buy time, conserve energy or survive a rung bell in the cage. Little nuances like that go a VERY LONG WAY. & it works both ways. Now MMA fighters that also box, they don't have the same problems as often. Again, this is my experience.

Mayweather was clearly the bigger puncher? When did he drop Conor? LOL Stop inventing stuff! Conor seemed to hit harder IMO. Even Mayweather said Conor hits hard, but not to the point of him changing his gameplan.

Foreman hit a lot harder than Tyson. Larry Holmes never fought Foreman, but he fought prime Tyson and said both Ernie Shavers and Gerry Cooney hit harder than Tyson...and Foreman hit at least as hard as they did. (Shavers and Foreman both hit like cement trucks.)

Holyfield, who fought Tyson and Foreman, said Foreman hit harder.

Ali and Lyle, who both fought Foreman and Shavers, said that Shavers hit harder.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...t-powerful-punchers-in-boxing-history#slide10

Back