Francis Ngannou or George Foreman, who hits harder?

Foreman hit a lot harder than Tyson. Larry Holmes never fought Foreman, but he fought prime Tyson and said both Ernie Shavers and Gerry Cooney hit harder than Tyson...and Foreman hit at least as hard as they did. (Shavers and Foreman both hit like cement trucks.)

Back to the discussion, I'd say a pro boxer who spends all his time punching would hit harder. But Ngannou definitely has power.
Funny you were talking about holmes saying cooney hit hard

Cause foreman also said cooney when asked who hit the hardest

For Castleton!!

MlTKqg6.png

Always nice to meet a fellow MSTie.

Castleton College provided several free t-shirts for the film with the idea that they would be hot sellers after being featured in a movie.

I always thought it was Tyson to be honest

This uppercut reminds me of Ngannou vs Overeem

tumblr_mrhibvZ1s21sa24tdo1_400.gif
Check out Ike Ibeaubuchi's KO of Chris Byrd. A very similar uppercut/hook hybrid, whereas the Tyson gif is a pure uppercut. Ike was scary and could have done big things, but unfortunately he was also fucking nuts and couldn't keep it together outside of the ring.

Lol what's next, Ngannou versus a gorilla ? I've never seen this much hype after someone knocked out a couple of glass chins.

Check out Ike Ibeaubuchi's KO of Chris Byrd. A very similar uppercut/hook hybrid, whereas the Tyson gif is a pure uppercut. Ike was scary and could have done big things, but unfortunately he was also fucking nuts and couldn't keep it together outside of the ring.
Tyson did that with bigger gloves too!

Let's not forget that Foreman and Tyson had that power with much bigger gloves on...

Let's not forget that Foreman and Tyson had that power with much bigger gloves on...

The gloves also make the punches you can throw rather different, MMA fighters are able to get away with throwing more looping shots from maximum power than would be more likely to be blocked by a tighter boxing guard with big gloves.

Its also partly about the way it looks isn't it? I mean Tim Sylvia had massive power when he landed clean but it generally didn't look devastating, the same with Lennox Lewis.

I thought the McGregor/Mayweather fight would have put to bed any debate or doubt people had about the difference in punching power between boxers and MMA fighters.

Boxers hit harder and it's not even close

I always thought it was Tyson to be honest

tumblr_nunsp4tden1ueqjtbo1_400.gif

spinksgif.gif

This uppercut reminds me of Ngannou vs Overeem

tumblr_mrhibvZ1s21sa24tdo1_400.gif

The first one...that straight right hand.

Man, that shows the HUUUUGE difference between boxing and MMA.

His everything went into that punch, shoulders spun, hips twisted...even his neck snapped.

Tyson was a GOD!

The gloves also make the punches you can throw rather different, MMA fighters are able to get away with throwing more looping shots from maximum power than would be more likely to be blocked by a tighter boxing guard with big gloves.

Its also partly about the way it looks isn't it? I mean Tim Sylvia had massive power when he landed clean but it generally didn't look devastating, the same with Lennox Lewis.

I find punching with MMA gloves allows you to get more power into short, quick punches.

Boxers are able to do this with big gloves on and its very impressive to watch.

Agree with Sylvia having deceptive power

Remember that awkward ass HK he landed on Telligman that shut Tra OFF?

I know we’re talking punching power here, and Tim had that too obviously

Didn’t look so powerful but it clearly was

Foreman is pretty old now so I have to put my money on Ngannou

Well, by MMA standard Ngannou hit hard as fuck, no doubt about that. The man is a King Kong of brute raw power. But I think heavyweight boxers are diferent animals in what power is concerned. They are also 100% focused in punching training so some advantage they must have. George Foreman and Ernie Shavers are considered the real hard hitters in boxing history. I think Foreman must have had a tad advantage in power compared to Ngannou. I really think If Francis beat Stipe in dominant fashion, soon or later he will be willing to fight Joshua or Wilder for the heavyweight gold. I can imagine a young Foreman with todays trainning and suplements, fighting Francis in a boxing match! Remember that Foreman chin was second to none back in the day. Francis is the hard hitting UFC fighter ever in my opinion. Let see what happens next, cheers

Back