Francis N'Gannou Is Not Yet A Bust (Logic and Numbers' Based Argument)

I hope you're right. I thought that fight was easy to predict after watching the Blaydes fight. And I knew what Stipe's gameplan would be. Most fights I'm not very sure about.

If I win some money I'll be bragging about it on here. And I'll admit it if I lose it all too
i watched the blaydes fight and had a similar feeling, but i was sure of it after watching the henrique fight. henrique won the first round with the exact same game plan

although ill admit, i didnt think francis would make it through five.

Last edited:
It doesn't take that long to be a great grappler. You must just commit to it.

This coming from a guy who once said that he doesn't consider someone a black belt if they've ever been submitted. Also, if he were to ever to train BJJ, he would only go to a coach who had never been submitted before.

giphy.gif

No, that was quite a bust.

How can you say this, when Stipe was a nobody after 7 fights in the UFC?

N'Gannou fought the UFC HW GOAT in his 7th fight in the UFC. Although he was completely over-matched, he lasted 5 rounds with very little damage, and never looked like he was ever going to get finished.

Stipe fought Fabio Maldonado (a LHW) in his 7th fight in the UFC. Now, Stipe is the UFC HW GOAT.

I think you and I have a different understanding of what a derailed hype train means.. Most thought he was unstoppable. That was not the case. The blue print is on the table. Hype trained derailed... With that said, I think he has the tools to be very successful, and i think he will be. He could even be a future champ, but he is not what we thought. Thats all.

Back