Francis completely overlooked his opponent

25 characters

Potato for Glover
@Green
Reaction score
Some takeaways from the interview;

"When I lived in France, I didn't wrestle"
Ok now how the hell do you expect to beat a D1 college wrestler by not wrestling? You're not just going to pick up grappling overnight.

Discussing his final preparations for fight week....
"I'm just going to relax. I might work on my game plan a bit, but not a lot"
Biggest fight of your life and you're going to just relax. I understand you have to dial it down a bit come the end of fight camp but not focusing on your game plan is odd.

He also talks about how he had to focus on his weight coming into fight week. I think if he were to lose some muscle mass he would have a better performance. All them muscles need oxygen/blood. Of course he was going to be gassed going into the third round.

Anyways, hats off to CB for taking the decision.

Well... this is new information

rckstr.gif

Ok now how the hell do you expect to beat a D1 college wrestler by not wrestling? You're not just going to pick up grappling overnight.

Biggest fight of your life and you're going to just relax. I understand you have to dial it down a bit come the end of fight camp but not focusing on your game plan is odd.

He also talks about how he had to focus on his weight coming into fight week. I think if he were to lose some muscle mass he would have a better performance. All them muscles need oxygen/blood. Of course he was going to be gassed going into the third round.

You got me.. well done.

hahahahaha can't even be mad. nicely done.

Also, he was already thinking about challenging Lesnar -- looking past the opponent right in front of you is usually the kiss of death; plus it seemed he may have been amazed he was making $500K, which who can blame him, coming from poverty, but still, it may have weighed on him ...

I don't want to sound like a jerk

but yea Captain Obvious... sorry bro

I like that so many skimmed and were caught in this horrible trap.

Also, he was already thinking about challenging Lesnar -- looking past the opponent right in front of you is usually the kiss of death; plus it seemed he may have been amazed he was making $500K, which who can blame him, coming from poverty, but still, it may have weighed on him ...

wrong francis...

Damn, was worth feeling like a fool. Well played I guess

Haven't watched, but I saw how he looked against Reem.
And I saw how he looked against Stipe.
Weight was almost the same but he looked a lot more buffed for Stipe.

I'd like him to fight at like 250-255, be close to vs Reem than vs Stipe, practice ground game and he might do it.

FFS, he kinda rocked Stipe for a moment while throwing one punch in 3rd or 4th round (I think) while being soooo tired.
His Inexperience and Stipe's experience is what beat him the most.

No way, he KO'd Overeem a month ago, you think he could develop D1 TDD by then? He tried his best to take his head off early like his best odds were. I don't think any challenger takes a titleshot lightly. Stipe beat the best Ngannou right now. If the fight was standing we'd see a new champion. Just because he got wrestle fucked doesn't mean shit.

Back