Frampton vs Santa Cruz part 2

I was too sleepy to score the fight, I just wanted to stay up until the end. It was competitive all the way through, even if Frampton was having trouble getting the rounds. I could see a range of scorecards being decent for a fight like that.

I said something similar in the thread in the middle of the fight. Frampton was losing the rounds but he wasn't losing them by much. A couple of them Santa Cruz stole late with flurries.

I said something similar in the thread in the middle of the fight. Frampton was losing the rounds but he wasn't losing them by much. A couple of them Santa Cruz stole late with flurries.

Yeah the rounds were pretty close throughout the fight. I was surprised at how the fight went this time. I actually thought Frampton pretty clearly outboxed LSC in the first fight. I was genuinely surprised at how much smarter LSC boxed this time, and his dad was actually a good corner man I thought.

Yeah the rounds were pretty close throughout the fight. I was surprised at how the fight went this time. I actually thought Frampton pretty clearly outboxed LSC in the first fight. I was genuinely surprised at how much smarter LSC boxed this time, and his dad was actually a good corner man I thought.

I thought for sure changing his corner wouldn't help but what do you know?

I think Frampton came in expecting a lot more action, and Santa Cruz was careful about only starting the brawls when it suited him.

All around just a good fight for Santa Cruz. Glad to hear him immediately open to a third fight. And judging by the pic in the Non-newsworthy thread they both seem to be pretty good friends too. I appreciate this "rivalry" a lot.

Last edited:
Back