Frampton vs Santa Cruz part 2

Just watched it, I wasn't as enamoured of the main event as most seem to be.

Thought Santa Cruz won, roughly 8-4 ish.

A well-fought, competitive but (to me) not-exactly-thrilling fight; I thought Frampton just couldn't get his boxing going & couldn't get out the way of the jab.

Having watched it again, I have to say it reminded me of the Alejandro Gonzalez (RIP) fight, a bit: Frampton being made to lead & looking uncomfortable when he had to. Didn't think it'd be LSC being the next fighter to exploit this. Kudos to him.

Frampton couldnt get his combos off really well, and that was due to LSC working behind the jab and keeping Frampton on the outside
Thats what made the difference. Framptons better on the inside but I think LSC beat him there as well, and didn't sit in the pocket too long and get tagged.
Very smart fight by LSC.
They can fight a 3rd one later. Let them fight a couple other guys first and see if they end up facing each other again some time down the road..

Mikey has some slow ass feet, no wonder he bailed on Hbo & ran to Haymon making a Crawford fight impossible.

I fell asleep (this is two events in a row!) after the Garcia fight, as they were doing introductions for the main. Just watched it. Another great fight, felt the right guy won. I wasn't scoring, but seemed like LSC edged him by a couple rounds for sure. Couch scoring. Great fight.

And the Garcia KO was crazy. He shut him off for a couple minutes between the uppercut and then the right to end that. Vicious.

I fell asleep (this is two events in a row!) after the Garcia fight, as they were doing introductions for the main. Just watched it. Another great fight, felt the right guy won. I wasn't scoring, but seemed like LSC edged him by a couple rounds for sure. Couch scoring. Great fight.

And the Garcia KO was crazy. He shut him off for a couple minutes between the uppercut and then the right to end that. Vicious.

I recommend this pre fight ritual

raw

I'm too old for that, would result in an ambulance-ride. Best-case scenario. lol

Mikey has some slow ass feet, no wonder he bailed on Hbo & ran to Haymon making a Crawford fight impossible.

I think Mikey just had his first fight as a lightweight. Crawford is already a big 140. That's a fight that can happen, but not for a while anyways.

I actually think Mikey Garcia's feet are an asset. He always puts himself in the right position to do what he needs to do, so if he is slow he makes up for it with wits and fundamentals.

I don't know what the judges were watching but LSC won the fight convincingly.

If he used his jab in the first fight he would have won that fight too.

I don't know what the judges were watching but LSC won the fight convincingly.

If he used his jab in the first fight he would have won that fight too.

lcs threw 300 more and landed 100 more punches and at a higher connect percentage.

statistically, a frampton win would have been a robbery

I'd say his footwork is one of his best assets, actually. He has always reminded me most of all of Arguello (well, aside from his brother, but he's more gifted than his brother). Neither man had/has fast feet, but they both had/have excellent footwork.

lcs threw 300 more and landed 100 more punches and at a higher connect percentage.

statistically, a frampton win would have been a robbery

Frampton has actually been outlanded in his last 3 fights. Quigg out landed him by 2 punches, which doesn't mean much, but he also got out landed by LSC in the first fight. Then he obviously got outlanded in this fight.

Frampton doesn't have any convincing wins over top opponents unless you consider Kiko Martinez a top opponent.

Frampton has actually been outlanded in his last 3 fights. Quigg out landed him by 2 punches, which doesn't mean much, but he also got out landed by LSC in the first fight. Then he obviously got outlanded in this fight.

Frampton doesn't have any convincing wins over top opponents unless you consider Kiko Martinez a top opponent.

But he did beat quigg and has a win over LSC, and not too many dispute that, so what does it matter how convincing it was

I knew this was gonna happen. I have a feeling Frampton/Santa 3 and Mares/Selby will be on the same card in the UK

9-3 LSC. Fucking lol at a draw. This was a good fight but Leo made some adjustments in training that really paid off. He grows every time he fights.

I think I gave Frampton 2 rounds myself, with another couple that could've been seen for him. But I thought it was a clear win for Santa Cruz, clearer than the first bout.

I was too sleepy to score the fight, I just wanted to stay up until the end. It was competitive all the way through, even if Frampton was having trouble getting the rounds. I could see a range of scorecards being decent for a fight like that.

Anyone else getting a Bowe-Holyfield vibe with the Frampton-Cruz fights. The Bowe- Holyfield fights were defiently better with a higher calibar of fighter ( and I'm not suggesting Frampton=Bowe and Cruz=Holyfield in terms of ability) However.......

First Bowe-Holyfield fight- Holyfield tries to brawl. Ends up being a great fight. Bowe shows that he is a better brawler wins a close decision due to Holyfield playing into Bowes hands.

Second Fight- Holyfield boxes smartly, brawls on occasion but works the jab ( including doubling it) and does a nice job of boxing and moving. Bowe still has a lot of moments and probably could have won if he had tried to box more and use his jab instead of looking to brawl and throw big punches. the fight is a close win for Holyfield.

First Cruz-Frampton fight- Cruz brawls with Frampton. Frampton shows hes the better brawler. Frampton out brawls him and wins a close fight

Second Fight- Cruz boxes smartly and works his jab. Brawls when he needs to but for the most part sticks to the gameplan. Frampton still has his moments and maybe could have turned the fight around had he tried to box instead of stalk, but Cruz wins a close fight

HBO and Showtime both got around 500kish with Showtime doing slightly higher

HBO peaked at 497k, SHO peaked at 587k.

Showtime wouldve done 800k without HBO counterprogramming

Both cards were really good as it turned out, why the fuck they couldn't either space them out, or pick different days is a travesty.

Back