Frampton vs Gutierrez is cancelled

The Can Opener

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Fightnews...

Cyclone Promotions has announced that the “Return of The Jackal” event scheduled for tomorrow, Saturday 29th July, has been canceled due to an undisclosed accident to Andres Gutierrez. It is hoped that the event will be re-scheduled but ticket holders are advised to retain their tickets and contact point of purchase for further information.

At today’s weigh-in, Frampton missed the 126 pound limit, so therefore the bout was no longer an official WBC featherweight eliminator. Gutierrez could have still become mandatory challenger for WBC champion Gary Russell with a win had he not been injured – reportedly by falling in the shower.

LOL at this shitshow...
_97119960_image1.jpg

stream_img.jpg

Seriously what part of his body is that cut on, arse?

What a fucking disaster, both for missing weight and then a random slip in the shower. Shitty.

I slipped in the bath and split my chin open in nearly the same spot as a kid. Gutierrez might be my spirit animal.

Remember when Zab Judah slipped on a shower 1 week before fighting Shane Mosley and it was cancelled in 2008?

That awkward moment when you open a boxing site and hear some woman getting slammed.

Looks like he was attacked.
Too bad the fight is off, looked like a good one.

So as the shower clearly won does it get to fight Russell next?

Apparently Gutierrez asked the dentist to take the teeth out so he could fight but they refused.

Frampton missed 126? He looked like a midget next to lsc. He lacks discipline it seems.

Back