Foxcatcher Movie

Sorry for old bump. Just watched. Good movie.

Says a lot about how we treat our Olympic Athletes when they have to turn to rich psychos to live and train.

Surprised Channing didn't get an oscar nom thought he deserved it more than carrell

Is it true that DuPont lost his testicles in a horse riding accident early in life? I read this and it wasn't touched on in the movie at all. He supposedly wore prosthetic testicles and resented horse riding more-so because of this.

Watched the movie a few months ago and o really enjoyed it. Carrell was excellent! Oscar worthy for sure.

Is it true that DuPont lost his testicles in a horse riding accident early in life? I read this and it wasn't touched on in the movie at all. He supposedly wore prosthetic testicles and resented horse riding more-so because of this.

I dont think that I true that's true.

Awesome movie, enjoyed it enough to rent it twice, which is rare for me.

i think it's pretty sad how he says how much he loves the movie here, but later, when he reads the reviews, he goes crazy and shits all over it.

it is a great movie and he was right the first time.

Well I think he did like the movie over all, just that he didn't like being portrayed at a seemingly closet homosexual.

Which if I had a movie about my life I would want it to be as accurate as possible

Well I think he did like the movie over all, just that he didn't like being portrayed at a seemingly closet homosexual.

Which if I had a movie about my life I would want it to be as accurate as possible

of course, but if he watched it 3 times and enjoyed it, even said it was one of the best movies ever and that it made him cry... then some critic mentions the homosexual connotations and he goes apeshit on twitter calling the creators of the movie liars and how they're ruining his image.

he felt it was really realistic until someone mentioned there might be undertones and suddenly the movie was way off. that's just sad.

citing 'homosexual undertones' in an artistic work that involves grappling is probably one of the lowest hanging fruit of critical analysis there is.

its like talking about how the lord of the rings represents the first world war or something, just plain pedestrian.

I didn't really enjoy the movie. I felt like it was a lot of nothing, and then something crazy happened and then the movie was over.

I did think the wrestling scenes were cool though. Carrell was great at being creepy.

citing 'homosexual undertones' in an artistic work that involves grappling is probably one of the lowest hanging fruit of critical analysis there is.

its like talking about how the lord of the rings represents the first world war or something, just plain pedestrian.

Definitely. I even think Tolkien at one point said that wasn't his intention at all.

i don't know. i think the movie pretty clearly implied that du pont at the very least had a homosexual fetish for wrestling. it's a stretch to assume an actual sexual relationship, though even that doesn't seem completely crazy considering the way their relationship was depicted

obviously DuPont, but I imagine the objection was more about the wrestlers themselves.

Thank you

of course, but if he watched it 3 times and enjoyed it, even said it was one of the best movies ever and that it made him cry... then some critic mentions the homosexual connotations and he goes apeshit on twitter calling the creators of the movie liars and how they're ruining his image.

he felt it was really realistic until someone mentioned there might be undertones and suddenly the movie was way off. that's just sad.

From my understanding he wanted that scene where he and dupoint where sitting inside some room and it was heavenly implied that there was romantic undertones taken out. They assured him that the masses shouldn't take it that way.

They did and he went ape shit.

I dont agree with how he went about showing his displeasure but i think he has a valid reason to be upset.

From my understanding he wanted that scene where he and dupoint where sitting inside some room and it was heavenly implied that there was romantic undertones taken out. They assured him that the masses shouldn't take it that way.

They did and he went ape shit.

I dont agree with how he went about showing his displeasure but i think he has a valid reason to be upset.

You are referring to the scene where they are doing some lines, cutting their hairs and drinking.

I was like "oh oh" because I was watching with my parents who are 70 years old.

Back