Fox news viewers are nuts

Anything that has any sort of bias or spin is not good, IMO. If I want to read news I'll go to Reuters. But I'm sure someone will tell me that has a bias as well.

So in other words, nothing. I personally think discussion boards like this one are better for news. Though we all have our own bias, atleast we can hash it out. But taking someone else's spin on it and arguing with each other about THE SPIN is totally worthless.

Reuters is one of the least biased news sources out there. But much "bias" is organic to a mode of thinking or concern (hence any internationally-concerned outlet being branded as "liberal" here) and Reuters, I feel at least, often limits the scope of their factual reporting by way of their affirmative anti-bias. Which isn't bad, but also isn't always great.

For my money, you don't get any better original fact reporting than The Intercept. They've recently tried to elbow into the more-profitable domestic partisan sphere, but when they stick to libertarian-style issues (metadata, MIC, surveillance, govt propaganda, foreign wars, etc.), they're top of the class.

the-internet-is-loving-trumps-latest-awkward-handshake-from-his-asia-trip.jpg
He must be stoked to finally have the relatively big hands he can't have over here. Can they keep him? I just want him to be happy.

I've noticed this as well.

NYT/WaPo/Slate/BBC etc have comment sections that regularly call the accuracy/relevancy/editorial drive into question based on the content of the article. Fox/Breitbart?

Not so much.

Listen to Sean Hannity on the radio and wait for his callers.

Some of the dumbest fucks around

Very rich coming from a Rebel News fan...heheh

Yes, I was a fan of Rebel Media. I have not paid any attention to Rebel since the summer when everyone left. I no longer care for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is honestly hard if not impossible to find unbiased news reporting well on tv anyway.

Can anyone give me unbiased sources for news? Honestly it's impossible to find one it's either right or left wing, and it's always gonna be like that.

Unbiased is impossible, if nothing else because one has to choose what stories to cover, which implies an opinion about what is important (even if you defer that decision to what you think will be popular). The MSM targets "balance," which is very different from a lack of bias (and is itself a kind of bias--that inherently benefits the worst actors) and should be understood as a business model rather than an ideal. Real ideals that some publications sincerely strive for are accuracy, honesty (meaning not just getting factual matters right but making an effort to sincerely and successfully give a correct impression), and a sense of proportion. The MSM is actually quite good at accuracy, terrible at proportion (for example, the actual most important issue in the presidential election was probably environmental policy, but the MSM decided that that was completely irrelevant and that one candidate potentially exposing herself to slightly higher-than-normal risk of being hacked was by far the most important issue), and mixed on honesty in that sense (because balance actively works against it).

Known this since the Bush days. It's stocked full of horrible people

Enter fox news. Never have I seen so much blind whataboutism and lock her up comments.

If you keep getting punished for something and the other guy does the same thing and never gets in trouble then whataboutisms are perfectly justified.

You'd be an idiot, a sucker, and a loser not to bring up "what about the other guy?"

When a black person complains about getting a longer prison sentence than his or her white counterpart, I think that bringing up "what about the other guy?" is perfectly reasonable. That's a "whataboutism" that you might sympathize with.

This is just a case of liberals wining that they're not getting away with what they did for years and years anymore. We all need to be treated equally under the law and by the media -- whether liberal or conservative, black or white, x or y.

If you're going to call me a racist, I'm no longer going to just ignore that you support racial discrimination against me by 400 SAT points. I'm just not gonna do it.

Last edited:
If you keep getting punished for something and the other guy does the same thing and never gets in trouble then whataboutisms are perfectly justified.

You'd be an idiot, a sucker, and a loser not to bring up "what about the other guy?"

When a black person complains about getting a longer prison sentence than his or her white counterpart, I think that bringing up "what about the other guy?" is perfectly reasonable. That's a "whataboutism" that you might sympathize with.

This is just a case of liberals wining that they're not getting away with what they did for years and years anymore. We all need to be treated equally under the law and by the media -- whether liberal or conservative, black or white, x or y.

If you're going to call me a racist, I'm no longer going to just ignore that you support racial discrimination against me by 400 SAT points. I'm just not gonna do it.
that was an interesting tangent into racial....whateverism.

200w.webp

If the fire inspector keeps coming into your business and writing you up with fines every day while ignoring the guy across the street, you'd be a fool to (and go out of business) not say "what about that guy?"

If the fire inspector keeps coming into your business and writing you up with fines every day while ignoring the guy across the street, you'd be a fool to (and go out of business) not say "what about that guy?"
Only after I came to terms with the code violations I had made as well

Lol at thinking you will ever be found not in violation of the fire code no matter what you do.
{<huh}

The ever elusive fire code compliance. . . Right up there with perpetual motion right

As annoying and biased as aspects of CNN/MSNBC and Wapo are, they really just don't compare to the level of propaganda that Fox is on. They're single handedly responsible for keeping half of America retarded, and misinformed.

Back