Fox News Parting with Bill O’Reilly

Why not just have a news program within that time slot?

Brett Bair minus his panel is the only slot not on a weekend that even remotely resembles a news show on FOX. And even then, it's just White House politics.

The cable shows are good for entertainment a one or two conversation topics but they cover such a miniscule range of news it's self-defeating to spend more than 30min a day listening to it. Thank god for NPR, POTUS, Bloomberg, and BBC. I'd blow my brains out if my only choices were FOX, CNN, MSNBC, and their parent networks.

Well, he's replacing a tool.. so whats the problem, tool for a tool

Bolling is utter trash.....really boring and really not clued up on much

Respectfully disagree.

I've only seen a few times where he has tripped over his own words, but it's amazing how he renders SJWs, self hating white liberals, # BLM silent with simple facts and statistics...

The only draw back of watching Shapiro converse is that I go through a phase of linguistic envy

c18.gif

He talks too fast. Seriously, he talks WAY too fast for his own good and his brain can't keep in front of his mouth so it constantly sounds like he's stuttering.

I don't see that at all. He is way fast, but he barely stutters at all. He clearly sharpened his skills on debate team or something.

I am not a big O'Reilly fan. He's too much of a blow hard for me.

That being said, this was clearly a situation that the two Murdoch boys took advantage of to finally be rid of O'Reilly. They don't like him. They are now running the company, not their 86 year old dad.

The allegations have no foundation to date. If something comes to light that he did anything, then I am alright with it, but as it stands today, it's not the way people should be dismissed.
How can you claim the allegations have no foundation?

Does he call his female co-workers and masturbates on the phone while saying weird shit to them?

If not, he's an improvement.

How can you claim the allegations have no foundation?
I would infer that he is talking about material evidence, not mere testimony. After all, the latter can be fabricated, entirely, so it isn't a stable foundation for investigation.

I would infer that he is talking about material evidence, not mere testimony. After all, the latter can be fabricated, entirely, so it isn't a stable foundation for investigation.

^^^^^ Thanks. That's pretty much it.

Again... no fan of the guy. He can go and I could give a shit. I just am not a fan of how they have gone about it. Give me some evidence.

Again... no fan of the guy. He can go and I could give a shit. I just am not a fan of how they have gone about it. Give me some evidence.

hullo Whippy McGee,

the Murdoch family has seen all the evidence they want to see via their own, internal investigations.

what they don't want is for their advertisers to see it.

- IGIT

Last edited:

There won't be much evidence in a case like this. Certainly not anything to satisfy the public. It's hearsay and witnesses I'd assume. I have heard some accusers submitted e-mails as evidence as well though.

In the end, this is all about PR. He might've gotten off, if they hadn't already had a similar incident with Roger Ailes not too long ago. They don't want to have a reputation of being the sexual harassment network.

There won't be much evidence in a case like this. Certainly not anything to satisfy the public. It's hearsay and witnesses I'd assume. I have heard some accusers submitted e-mails as evidence as well though.

In the end, this is all about PR. He might've gotten off, if they hadn't already had a similar incident with Roger Ailes not too long ago. They don't want to have a reputation of being the sexual harassment network.

I agree.

The two Murdoch sons have wanted O'Reilly gone for years. I don't like rolling a guy that has worked at a job for years without something conclusive.

I have been a manager where a woman claimed sexual harassment from a guy. What she didn't know is that I knew the guy for years way before the work. She also didn't expect another woman to come forward and confirm she was full of shit. I fired the accuser after I reached out to 3 of her former employers who all told the same story. She had done it before.

I am not saying the women are lying, but I don't like to see a "he said" / "she said" end a career and hurt a reputation.

RIP you pompous old windbag
He's a GOAT douche, that's for sure

I am not saying the women are lying, but I don't like to see a "he said" / "she said" end a career and hurt a reputation.

It's not as simple as that in O'Reilly's case though. He has already settled multiple cases. Now, of course there are many reasons why one might choose to do that instead of fighting it, but the optics are that you did it, and paid people to shut up.

It's not like one woman accused him, and they just fired him. He had quite a lot baggage that piled up real fast.

Just give Ann Coulter a show already and throw Hannity in Bill's time slot.

I agree.

The two Murdoch sons have wanted O'Reilly gone for years. I don't like rolling a guy that has worked at a job for years without something conclusive.

I have been a manager where a woman claimed sexual harassment from a guy. What she didn't know is that I knew the guy for years way before the work. She also didn't expect another woman to come forward and confirm she was full of shit. I fired the accuser after I reached out to 3 of her former employers who all told the same story. She had done it before.

It's not "he said, she said." Andrea Mackris, the one who got the original settlement, recorded his harassing phone calls. That's why they paid her so much compared to the other women, so she wouldn't release them. He's lucky that TMZ wasn't around in 2004.

The transcripts of the calls were also the source for this delightful opera:

It's not as simple as that in O'Reilly's case though. He has already settled multiple cases. Now, of course there are many reasons why one might choose to do that instead of fighting it, but the optics are that you did it, and paid people to shut up.

It's not like one woman accused him, and they just fired him. He had quite a lot baggage that piled up real fast.

There are also several more coming out now who aren't even asking for money.

Not to mention the employees at Fox who are suing for racial discrimination.

Basically, after Ailes got kicked out, all of the dirty laundry started getting aired.

I was reading Facebook fake news sites about O'Reily and holy shit the right O'Reily supporters are fucking delusional. Talking about how God is giving him a better path, how it's a conspiracy against him, how Fox is pushing a liberal agenda. They like ignored totally Alies sex harassment and that ole Bill is no better than former POTUS Slick Wilie

Back