Fox News: "In order to have a safe society, you must give up some freedoms"

dontsnitch

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

Just a daily reminder that it's not just CNN that's terrible, but the entire MSM is garbage.

Can we all agree that we shouldn't revisit the Patriot Act?

Fox news is still 10x better than CNN and NBC. They represent far more of a middle path. I watch both at the gym a lot.

What a completely thoughtless, knee-jerk, shit-fucking OP.

No context, no critique, no understanding, no attempt to describe how the mainstream media is bad because of this person's opinion. Just value-free spew. What is anybody with a fucking brain supposed to do with this turd? Non-virtue signalling at its most worthless. This thread gave my dog cancer.

Just a daily reminder that it's not just CNN that's terrible, but the entire MSM is garbage.

Do you think that any individual citizen should be allowed to own a nuclear weapon if he got rich enough to buy or manufacture one? No matter how dingbatty or over-the-moon that eccentric rich person was?

Take it to the extreme, and you might not judge FOX so harshly. We don't have absolute freedom already.

Yea. Neo cons are just as dangerous as liberals. They will bankrupt the nation and weaken the United States on many fronts. Authoritarian ass holes. What happened after 9/11 was shameful.

No context, no critique, no understanding, no attempt to describe how the mainstream media is bad because of this person's opinion. Just value-free spew. What is anybody with a fucking brain supposed to do with this turd? Non-virtue signalling at its most worthless. This thread gave my dog cancer.

That's a tad over the top.

Do you think that any individual citizen should be allowed to own a nuclear weapon if he got rich enough to buy or manufacture one? No matter how dingbatty or over-the-moon that eccentric rich person was?

Take it to the extreme, and you might not judge FOX so harshly. We don't have absolute freedom already.

Sure, it depends on what she meant. Given that she is speaking about "intelligence gathering" , I think we can glean certain things from this context.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go home and put some water in Salty Fawlty's momma's dish!

Not entirely untrue.

Although, I don't think this was the best scenario to point that out.

Sure, it depends on what she meant. Given that she is speaking about "intelligence gathering" , I think we can glean certain things from this context.
But you didn't adhere to that specific context. Your thread title invites a referendum on the general strategy, and nothing about your OP directs readers to narrow that in their interpretation.

Yea. Neo cons are just as dangerous as liberals. They will bankrupt the nation and weaken the United States on many fronts. Authoritarian ass holes. What happened after 9/11 was shameful.
Agreed. The only constant here is that our government acts on corporate interests against the American people. They will control and manipulate the loud and the stupid who are looking to follow if it means less critical thinking i.e. self responsibility and accountability.

But you didn't adhere to that specific context. Your thread title invites a referendum on the general strategy, and nothing about your OP directs readers to narrow that in their interpretation.

My thread title is a direct quote, so I'm not seeing a problem there. My OP is bare and sardonic, I admit it, but I'm not seeing a problem.

It's a minute-long clip talking about restricting freedoms for security in the context of intelligence gathering, which I assumed we can all agree is internet-related. I think it's a generally bad idea, and I welcome opinions. And since people are always crapping on CNN, I took a shot at Fox, I'll also admit that much.

It's quite a conundrum.

It's natural for people to want the government to intercept communications from one terrorist to another in order to stop attacks from happening. In order to pull that off you have to give the government some leeway to peer into people's personal communication to be able to fully weed that shit out, which is a blatant overreach.

If you want the government to fuck off out your personal life, people will tell you that you don't care enough about preventing terrorism. If you want them be able to search through your personal life, you're anti America.

You can't really take a stand that's without a glaring flaw.

It's quite a conundrum.

It's natural for people to want the government to intercept communications from one terrorist to another in order to stop attacks from happening. In order to pull that off you have to give the government some leeway to peer into people's personal communication to be able to fully weed that shit out, which is a blatant overreach.

If you want the government to fuck off out your personal life, people will tell you that you don't care enough about preventing terrorism. If you want them be able to search through your personal life, you're anti America.

You can't really take a stand that's without a glaring flaw.

There has to be a middle ground in between throwing your hands up and saying "part and parcel" or allowing Uncle Sam into your browsing history to make sure you're not looking at Jihadi videos and renting white vans.

There has to be a middle ground in between throwing your hands up and saying "part and parcel" or allowing Uncle Sam into your browsing history to make sure you're not looking at Jihadi videos and renting white vans.
Humor me.

Yea Fox News is garbage too. But CNN is going for the belt.

Humor me.

For starters, people will adapt. If we get to a place where the Government has unrestricted access to your internet activities, terrorists are just going to work around it, so it will just lead to a restriction of freedom with little impact on actual terrorism in the long run.

If you're asking me what should we do about terrorism, there is nothing to be done because there will always be terrorism. Now, we can always adopt reasonable immigration policies and stop screwing with the Middle East, but as far as information gathering, I'm not seeing Uncle Sam looking over my shoulder as any sort of solution.

Back