Fox News DOMINATES Cable News

That angle has already been tried. You're a little late.

Maybe so. Anyway, can you share with me another example of an industry where the number 1 company is considered outside of the "mainstream" of that industry?

'OAN' -- the network Tomi Lahren used to work for -- bills itself as a conservative network, I think. They're only available in a tiny number of homes, though.
One America News is pretty straightforward news, with a little bit of Conservative commentary. It's still a fledgeling network, though.

It's been this way for years. Which is how you know that all that "liberal media" commentary is just fake conservatives playing the victim card. Fox dominates cable tv and conservative talk dominates radio. Yet there are still people screaming that the media is against them.

Bunch of entitled babies who cry about different perspectives existing.

No, not really. What people are referring to is the predominance of liberal outlets compared to the relatively few rightist voices available on television. But I didn't have to tell you that. You already knew what the real complaint was. Fox has the best numbers on cable, but the left still monopolizes most of the television sector. Radio and Internet is a completely different story. Best of luck with the Fairness Doctrine and the new Internet regulations you all are pushing.

One America News is pretty straightforward news, with a little bit of Conservative commentary. It's still a fledgeling network, though.

Okay. I've only a seen it a handful of times. I'm subscribed to too many news networks already. I doubt I'd ever become a consistent viewer.

That's odd. I feel sorry for people living in abject poverty, cancer patients, starving children, etc. I'm not sure why anyone would feel sorry for someone that chooses to watch a particular news network.
Cuz it's sheepish. If that shit interests to you to a degree where you watch it routinely or you care how many views it gets then maybe you should re-evaluate your life.

Cuz it's sheepish. If that shit interests to you to a degree where you watch it routinely or you care how many views it gets then maybe you should re-evaluate your life.

Thank you for expressing an opinion. Many people would disagree with your characterization.

I don't watch any of them. Crazy that so many people still do. I guess there's still a large portion of the population that likes to be told what they already think.

No, not really. What people are referring to is the predominance of liberal outlets compared to the relatively few rightist voices available on television. But I didn't have to tell you that. You already knew what the real complaint was. Fox has the best numbers on cable, but the left still monopolizes most of the television sector. Radio and Internet is a completely different story. Best of luck with the Fairness Doctrine and the new Internet regulations you all are pushing.

Fox draws more viewers than the liberal outlets combined. Which means that there are more conservative viewers than liberal ones. The number of outlets is pointless if they don't have an audience.

So it's basically people living in the penthouse bitching because there are more shacks.

Maybe so. Anyway, can you share with me another example of an industry where the number 1 company is considered outside of the "mainstream" of that industry?

Hmm. I'll have to get back to you on that. I'm entirely sure about your premise, though. Can you share with me the name of the person here that said Fox News is not part of the 'mainstream media'.

Fox draws more viewers than the liberal outlets combined. Which means that there are more conservative viewers than liberal ones. The number of outlets is pointless if they don't have an audience.

So it's basically people living in the penthouse bitching because there are more shacks.

Last night, during the 9 o clock hour, CNN and MSNBC pulled in an audience of 826 and 2.454 respectively. I wouldn't exactly call these networks 'shacks'. And this is just cable news, mind you. There's a whole magical world of liberal propaganda outside of cable.

FOX isn't the number one company in the news "industry".

Last night, during the 9 o clock hour, CNN and MSNBC pulled in an audience of 826 and 2.454 respectively. I wouldn't exactly call these networks 'shacks'. And this is just cable news, mind you. There's a whole magical world of liberal propaganda outside of cable.

Sure there is. And there's a whole magical world of conservative propaganda outside of cable too.

People are so wedded to their sense of victimhood that they want to pretend that being the most watched network and completely dominating an entire medium (radio) also means they're being harmed because they don't have every source and channel under their control.

Then they have the temerity to say that others are wrapped up in victimhood status.

"Woe are we, we draw more viewers that our competitors combined on most nights but they still exist therefore we have no voice at all."

Sure there is. And there's a whole magical world of conservative propaganda outside of cable too.

People are so wedded to their sense of victimhood that they want to pretend that being the most watched network and completely dominating an entire medium (radio) also means they're being harmed because they don't have every source and channel under their control.

Then they have the temerity to say that others are wrapped up in victimhood status.

"Woe are we, we draw more viewers that our competitors combined on most nights but they still exist therefore we have no voice at all."

I was talking about television and no there aren't any right-wing television networks outside of cable. But even on cable, Fox News is still outnumbered. 'B-b-but they have a bigger combined audience than CNN and MSNBC' Not when you factor in the audience of HLN, Vice, Univision, News One, BBC, etc. This really isn't even debatable, and yet here we are.

*Then if we look at paid services, like HBO, it's the very same thing.

*I'm not entirely sure about your premise, though.

No. Do you think conservatives typically are including Fox when they criticize the MSM (Lamestream) media? I don't. My bigger point is the same as Pan's. Conservatives have extensive representation in the news world. I would also add, that I think conservatives go out of their way to cast moderate news outlets such as The Economist as liberal with gives them the perception of being under-represented.

Back