Four Young Illegal Immigrants Committed Serious Crimes in the Last Month

Or you make a thread on a karate forum demonizing them as criminals.
Or we could make threads about it pretending their are no negative issues associated with "dreamers" whatsoever.

edit- *there

Or we could make threads about it pretending their are no negative issues associated with "dreamers" whatsoever.
Or we can make threads generalizing them as evil

First, this guy wasn't a Dreamer--legit or otherwise. Second, if you're saying that you think that 50% of Dreamers are actually "low lifes," I'd love to see your reasoning.

Why was he being shielded from ICE if he isn't a dreamer? My reasoning wouldn't matter if you dismissed cases like this

Why was he being shielded from ICE if he isn't a dreamer? My reasoning wouldn't matter if you dismissed cases like this

He wasn't being shielded from ICE. He's being held by ICE. He was twice deported, and then he was arrested, and then released on bail, and then ICE got him.

And the thread isn't intended to paint all the DACA-eligible with one stroke. It's to counter the misleading statements of the mainstream politicians like Kamala Harris.

Nothing misleading about Harris's statement.

In order to be DACA-eligible, you have to have a clear record. The second you commit a crime, you're no longer DACA-eligible. So the statement "DACA recipients are playing by the rules" is still true.

He wasn't being shielded from ICE. He's being held by ICE. He was twice deported, and then he was arrested, and then released on bail, and then ICE got him.

He wasn't being shielded from ICE? They released an illegal immigrant who was deported twice, and accused of raping a young girl, on bail. Why the hell didn't they release him to ICE officers? ICE officers weren't even alerted to him being picked up. Wtf?

He wasn't being shielded from ICE? They released an illegal immigrant who was deported twice, and accused of raping a young girl, on bail. Why the hell didn't they release him to ICE officers? ICE officers weren't even alerted to him being picked up. Wtf?

ICE officers were waiting for him when he was released on bail and immediately took him into custody (in the parking lot). Here's the sheriff:

"He posted bail, so there's not much we can do unless ICE notifies us, which it didn't."

ICE officers were waiting for him when he was released on bail and immediately took him into custody (in the parking lot). Here's the sheriff:

"He posted bail, so there's not much we can do unless ICE notifies us, which it didn't."

No they didn't. They waited for him before a court appearance. My point was at no point when he was picked up, did they contact ice about having a twice deported felon on their hands. Why the hell not?

No they didn't. They waited for him before a court appearance. My point was at no point when he was picked up, did they contact ice about having a twice deported felon on their hands. Why the hell not?

Ah, OK. So they released him on bail and then ICE picked him up when he showed up for a hearing. As for the question, see the sheriff's quote.

Also, this is completely irrelevant to Dreamers, as the guy clearly does not qualify and hasn't for a while.

Oh, thats OK though because some of the others are good people.

Categorically, they are. If they aren't and commit a crime, they're disqualified from the program.

Also, get bent.

Categorically, they are. If they aren't and commit a crime, they're disqualified from the program.

Also, get bent.

Get bent is my insult. Find something else.

edit- BTW, "Dreamers" isn't really a "program."

This just in: World War II veteran-aged senior citizen sets fire to a building after molesting a nursing home aide.

Ispo facto ALL WORLD WAR II VETERANS ARE RAPIST ARSONISTS

The only fact I can confirm about all this is that Kamala Harris is a bitch.

Ah, OK. So they released him on bail and then ICE picked him up when he showed up for a hearing. As for the question, see the sheriff's quote.

Also, this is completely irrelevant to Dreamers, as the guy clearly does not qualify and hasn't for a while.

So policies you seem to support is the cause. Got it. Or am I wrong? Do you support rules prohibiting local cops from cooperating with ice officers?

Still better than the liberal media's trump obsession.
I truly don't want to demonize a big group of people.

The point is: multiple prominent public figures frequently repeat claims about how wonderful this group is. For example, the pro-DACA guest on this CNN segment said, "these kids, who are the epitome of the American Dream, who are summa cum laudes and who have bled and died in our military, [should be able to] have a way to continue to contribute." Shortly thereafter, the host parrots the "these kids" line. Most mainstream media descriptions of this group are universally positive. I've heard otherwise-intelligent people parrot the talking points.

The truth is more balanced and I hope people will see the other side. If data are what people want, here are some:

1. Over half of DACA recipients were over 20 years old in 2012, but CNN/MSNBC and various popular public figures continue to refer to the group as "these kids".

2. Over 2,000 DACA recipients have lost their protected status due to "alien smuggling, assaultive offenses, domestic violence, drug offenses, DUI, larceny and thefts, criminal trespass and burglary, sexual offenses with minors, other sex offenses and weapons offenses." But in the mainstream media we typically only hear about the high-achievers.

3. According to an online survey of DACA recipients carried out by Professor Tom Wong, DACA recipients have significantly lower average schooling levels than the native US population.

Democrat's? It was passed by Republicans as well bud.
Correct. But 39 Senate Democrats voted for it while 25 Senate Republicans voted for it. There's plenty of blame to go around, but my point was that Trump's signing it led me to criticize him.

How many Senate Democrats voted for the omnibus bill vs. how many Senate Republicans?

In the Senate, it was 25 Republicans and 36 Democrats (plus King). In the House, it was 145 Republicans and 111 Democrats. Republicans have majorities in both houses.

Back